Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

The simple fact is we are playing poorly at present and if we don't improve we will have to win the Chumps League to be in the comp next season.

You can make excuses , reasons all you like but in the end it doesn't matter and if Pep can't get this squad up for the fight each match and get the results the owners expect and demand he is cactus simple as.

Out football is boring this season , we have deteriorated markedly in the past 18 months and the results and performances show that beyond dispute.

We perhaps with the exception of the bottom 3 sides the easiest side to read and play against.

Every side believes they can beat us Burnley will be no exception now they have a win on board.

New players take time to fit in well some of them do but top class players hit the ground running from the outset.

Our midfield is very average and playing that way , defensively we haven't improved much and we don't score at the rate required anymore and are creating far fewer clear cut chances than last season each game.

This is as poor as we were in MP's last season if not worse and unless we get on our bike and start to take the initiative in games again it will be our worst season since Mark Hughes was in charge only for RM to come in and turn our fortunes around somewhat in the latter half of the season to narrowly miss out on Chumps League football.
Nah, sorry you've lost the plot with a lot of that, you lost me at "we perhaps with the except of the bottom 3". That has to be a wind up. I'll leave you to it anyway.

Last edited:
Nah, sorry you've lost the plot with a lot of that, you lost me at "we perhaps with the except of the bottom 3". That has to be a wind up. I'll leave you to it anyway.

Easiest to read if you read it properly , every side we have played this season has been in the game going into injury time no doubt about it.

Doesn't mean we are the fourth worst side currently although not that far short of it really.

Two of the games have been done and dusted namely Leicester and Spurs shortly after half time.

Easiest to read if you read it properly , every side we have played this season has been in the game going into injury time no doubt about it.

Doesn't mean we are the fourth worst side currently although not that far short of it really.

Two of the games have been done and dusted namely Leicester and Spurs shortly after half time.

And this kids, is why you shouldn’t take drugs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry we’ll have to agree to disagree. The point I’m making is he’s able to make changes according to the opposition so that takes planning and versatility. Maureen put a lot of thought into that performance. Pep on the other hand was obviously thinking let’s play like we usually do, they’ll eventually give. He even seems ok with Mahrez slowing up our attack because he didn’t hook him until it was too late and we were too knackered. I love Pep but I’m now starting to see his limitations in terms of getting the best out of these players. Maureen on the other hand is making Dier look a good player and that takes some doing.

He's making Dier look good because, as you see in the Amazon documentary, he's giving anyone an absolute fucking bollocking who leaves his defenders exposed, and he's shipping anyone out who isn't willing to put that work in, no matter how good their individual skill. And he's got Son and Kane to buy into it. We are constantly leaving are defenders exposed, and I don't know whether that is exhaustion or player's just not buying into the system anymore or whatever, but if it's exhaustion there's no serious break coming up for another 18 months so let's hope it's the system.

when we go a goal down early on, it is virtually guaranteed we will lose the game. speaks volumes about the team's character that. abysmal

Yes - I think Pep and the team has a free pass this year. There just seems to be an aura of "fuck it" this year around Pep and the team.
I personally think we will miss out on the top 4 this season. I'm very worried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.