Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

What excuses did Mendy, Ake and Cancelo have, certainly wasn't tiredness.

Horrible from so many but the glaring issue remains and a top striker would have made little difference today.

The defensive midfield is too slow when the ball breaks down.

Fern still sees the danger but his legs can't get him there.

Gundo, Rodri, nobody solves this issue right now, certainly when we want to front load the top half of the pitch.

Thought Grealish was a real positive.

This perfectly sums it up for me.. although Ake had a good first half and it can’t be easy playing on the same side as Benjamin (which unfortunately is often the case when he gets a start) so will cut him some slack.

Was difficult viewing watching Fern clearly acknowledging the danger (way before his teammates) but not having the physical ability to deal with it (particularly in the second half).

We have a horrible run till October, but will ultimately have played 3 of the "big six" away by then. I think we will be chasing this year but if we hit our stride again we will be there or thereabouts.

Exactly.. everything in bite sized chunks… win the next two whilst still getting into our groove and progress. Return from international break on song and navigate the next month keeping within 4-5 points and we will be in a good position imo as then it comes down to quality and squad depth and we have an edge.

Basically we need to adopt Whisky nose mentality this season I feel. just keep in touch.

We always seem to be away 1st game and look at our start compared to rags, Liverpool, Chelsea.
I'm sure the league intentionally rig it to make It difficult for us.
They rig it by making us play one of the 19 other teams we would inevitably have to play at some point in the season, having won more leagues than anyone else in the last ten years??

We always seem to be away 1st game and look at our start compared to rags, Liverpool, Chelsea.
I'm sure the league intentionally rig it to make It difficult for us.
On paper spurs had a harder game. City chose to play a weaker team was needed.

Exactly.. everything in bite sized chunks… win the next two whilst still getting into our groove and progress. Return from international break on song and navigate the next month keeping within 4-5 points and we will be in a good position imo as then it comes down to quality and squad depth and we have an edge.

Basically we need to adopt Whisky nose mentality this season I feel. just keep in touch.
Absolutely. If we ar five or so points at Christmas I'd back us. And agree with you, get a result by hook or crook against Norwich and Arsenal and then we can see where we are at.

Horrible from so many but the glaring issue remains and a top striker would have made little difference today.

Gundo, Rodri, nobody solves this issue right now, certainly when we want to front load the top half of the pitch.

After today there should be a meeting called for tomorrow morning about what left back we bring in before September.

All three of them had no excuse. Ake has complained about minutes and game time, but it would be hard to be a centre half with Mendy leaving a gaping hole on the left when he bombs forward, or gives the ball away in some sort of stupid way.

Mendy can't play with Grealish and Sterling, he just cluttered up the left where both of them were doing most of their work, hell based on that he can't play for us at all. Surely Ake offers more at left back, and can drop into the midfield to help out more then Mendy offering nothing.

Fernandinho is a concern, he looked like Father Time has caught up to him, but he has runs on the board so see how he looks when we have our full side back.

Expecting close to our full strength side for the Norwich game with another week of training which will do us the world of good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.