Spurs (a) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Team just boarded my train (9.55 to london) looking like they've lost a pound and found a penny.
Hopefully they're just still sleepy!

That's a surprise as it means they were probably awakening at 7.00 am ish this morning. Thought we'd have gone down the night before to allow everyone a lie in as they must be all exhausted after the last few weeks and a long, hard season. Can't imagine falling asleep on a train is good for posture and preparation for such a tough game. Reports are that Aguero might not be back again this season - that's a massive loss.

Mendy on the bench?
Only played first half last night,
Foden,Diaz,nmacha and aber did not figure in squad last night for eds- maybe
Come on- get behind the team!
We are playing a team that struggled to beat Stoke last time out...

I’ve woken up with a good feeling about today...

I think we’ll win 1-2.

That could be last night’s Port talking, though.

--------------------Ederson---------------------
Walker----Kompany----Otamendi----Delph
----- ----De Bruyne------Gundogan----------
---------- -------D.Silva----------------------
Sterling------------Jesus----------------Sane

Subs: Bravo, Laporte, Zinchenko, Toure, Foden, Bernardo, Diaz

This is a far from ideal game to be playing after the week last week or so. I'm really not expecting us to win it whatever team we are able to put out. That said, we definitely played better across the last three games than the results would indicate. We were fairly dominant in the second half at Anfield and just never had anything break for us. The first half against Utd was one of the best performances of the season apart from Sterling's finishing and we looked genuinely capable of turning the Liverpool tie around at home throughout the first half.

So we're basically looking at a mix of bad finishing, bad luck and a draining of belief when these things start piling up on us in games. Meanwhile the opposition has been clinical and really taking advantage during the spells in games that they've gained some control. I guess we just need to keep on doing what we've been doing and just hope that we start putting away our chances and the odd thing falls for us. And either Kane has an off day or we successfully starve him of the ball.

We'll miss Fernandinho a lot i think. Out of possession, i'd have De Bruyne playing a bit deeper than usual to help out with the defensive side of the game. Also, where possible, Delph should tuck in to midfield.

We'll surely start winning comfortably again against most of the lower-table opposition we've got left, especially given full weeks to rest up and clear our heads. Taking a draw today would be a great way to steady the ship and who knows, maybe we're due a bit of fortune. If not, this game coming right now was always a bit of a free hit.

Only played first half last night,
Foden,Diaz,nmacha and aber did not figure in squad last night for eds- maybe
Come on- get behind the team!
We are playing a team that struggled to beat Stoke last time out...

They did struggle at times and are not everything they are made out to be. C'mon City let's have a bit of grit and determination in this one !

"My feeling is now that United will win a lot of points because they are in a good shape and have top players. They are able to win their games - all six.

"It is in our hands. That is a good advantage. But in one week we have lost three games. That has happened. We have to try to focus on our games."
Tell me what’s wrong or not true in what he’s said?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.