Spurs (A) - Tues 14th May, 20:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to all the Spurs fans who don't want to win tonight. Perfectly understandable. Football is about tribalism and rivalry. It's rooted in communities and built in deep into a fan's psyche. It's about workplace banter, songs that mock your neighbour and tearing down banners ridiculing your neighbour's lack of success. Modern football with its bells and whistles for finishing fourth is not what it is about. Qualifying for a bloated glorified European Super League just so Daniel Levy and ENIC can pocket the cash and offer excuses is something many of them see through. In an ideal world it's part of your ambition, but this isn't an ideal world, and many Spurs fans rightly want to avert what would be years of pain. The media classes telling Spurs fans they're a disgrace for wanting to lose tonight (because they themselves are desperate for Arsenal to get over the line), need to shut up. They have no clue what the ordinary football fan feels and experiences day to day.
In their place I’d just be thinking “what if” . What if I cheer a Spurs defeat this evening and then on Sunday Arsenal, West Ham and Palace all win.

I am not looking forward to tonight's game.

I awoke with a dreadful sense of foreboding, and then reaised I was aware of the significance of the match. I keep visualising the headlines "Spurs leave City's title dreams in tatters", or "Son does Arteta a massive favour".

I just don't see how we can win, and expect Spurs to defend like demons and hit us on the break. They were described as "chaotic" last Saturday, but you can bet your bottom dollar that they won't be tonight.

I can see the player ratings on Bluemoon, with MOTM being awarded to "none of them".

I just hope we turn up, and don't put on a Villa Park-type perfprmance. But I can only see the worst case scenario.

Perhaps it;s just the depressing weather, or the fact that I am a gloomy pessimist at the best of times.

I'm looking for a ray of hope, but I can't see one.

I'm happy to be proved wrong.
Change your name.

The great Frank Swift would be ashamed of your chicken shit !!

I fucking love days like today. Can’t, ridiculously fucking nervous, but what a pleasure it is to watch our marvellous football team and manager. I am fortunate enough to have a ticket but the excitement of watching City tonight is off the bastard scale. Whatever happens this team has done us proud and will do so tonight.

Edit - and for those who moan in the matchday thread take a break from criticising every misplaced pass, just for one night have a break from being a ****.

CMON CITY

Never mind we haven't won, we haven't scored a goal in the league at that stadium!
It’s a bit of a mystery our record there. They’ve never outplayed us. It’s nothing like how we play at anfield. We just never seem to have been really up for it when we’ve played there. If anything we’ve been a bit complacent. We dominate the game, dominate possession but dont really go for it. And then they score.

None of that should apply tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.