Spurs (A) - Tues 14th May, 20:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to all the Spurs fans who don't want to win tonight. Perfectly understandable. Football is about tribalism and rivalry. It's rooted in communities and built in deep into a fan's psyche. It's about workplace banter, songs that mock your neighbour and tearing down banners ridiculing your neighbour's lack of success. Modern football with its bells and whistles for finishing fourth is not what it is about. Qualifying for a bloated glorified European Super League just so Daniel Levy and ENIC can pocket the cash and offer excuses is something many of them see through. In an ideal world it's part of your ambition, but this isn't an ideal world, and many Spurs fans rightly want to avert what would be years of pain. The media classes telling Spurs fans they're a disgrace for wanting to lose tonight (because they themselves are desperate for Arsenal to get over the line), need to shut up. They have no clue what the ordinary football fan feels and experiences day to day.

Great post Mr Wayne, sir.

Not just today either. When we were shite and the rags were winning everything, I begrudged them every fkn trophy with every sinew. We older Blues understand only too well how Spurs fans would feel about having their noses rubbed in it every week by a scoffing bunch of tossers. We win tonight and Sunday and the bottlers tag will continue to be shared jointly by the North London clubs.

I am not looking forward to tonight's game.

I awoke with a dreadful sense of foreboding, and then reaised I was aware of the significance of the match. I keep visualising the headlines "Spurs leave City's title dreams in tatters", or "Son does Arteta a massive favour".

I just don't see how we can win, and expect Spurs to defend like demons and hit us on the break. They were described as "chaotic" last Saturday, but you can bet your bottom dollar that they won't be tonight.

I can see the player ratings on Bluemoon, with MOTM being awarded to "none of them".

I just hope we turn up, and don't put on a Villa Park-type perfprmance. But I can only see the worst case scenario.

Perhaps it;s just the depressing weather, or the fact that I am a gloomy pessimist at the best of times.

I'm looking for a ray of hope, but I can't see one.

I'm happy to be proved wrong.
Go and get laid or have a wank.

You'll feel much better. Trust me

Richarlison and Werner out is huge IMO. We can be susceptible to pace on the counter attack. I know Son is still in the team but he'll hopefully be isolated centrally rather than out wide.
I'm nervous as hell, i worry about about a stupid red card or conceding an early goal and leaving ourselves a mountain to climb. Thank god the players will be in calm mode and are used to these situations. My typical City pessimism has me thinking we are due to falter at some stage of a close title run in and I fear it will be tonight. On the contrary we have a near full strength squad with better players and manager. We are also in fine form and should be chomping at the bit.
I think that Villa equaliser was huge last night , I know they didn't win but they only need a draw at Palace now and that goal probably killed the hope of many Spurs fans for Champions League football. Hopefully they will be deflated and the atmosphere will be as flat as hell tonight.

Slightly odd as it's not the title decider. If Arsenal would have lost on Sunday and a win tonight would have made us champions I would understand it.
It’s an absolutely huge match Paul. I am not taking West Ham for granted (qpr and Villa have taught me that) but tonight feels like the real decider

It’s an absolutely huge match Paul. I am not taking West Ham for granted (qpr and Villa have taught me that) but tonight feels like the real decider

I totally agree it's a must win game, draw or lose and it's as good as over, no matter how much we would imagine Everton could get something at Arsenal the odds are they won't.

So we havent scored or won at the spuds new stadium, we hadnt won the cl before but we did that, no team has got a 100 points before we did that, no team had done the domestic treble before we did that plus the ridiculous amount of other records we have broken or were first to do, this team loves doing something first.
We have though. Did you miss the FA Cup game earlier this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.