Spurs - CL 2nd Leg - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocked at the number of people starting with Mendy. He's been out for so long, is it wise starting him again so quickly,?? We could risk losing him for the season.

Guess it doesn't matter now and we've just got to go for it.

I think you've just answered your own question there.

Pisses me off we could have already put this tie to bed but I suppose after last years spanking at Anfield Pep didn't want to be twice bitten.

Not getting that away goal could come back to haunt us but If we turn up and give it everything I'm pretty sure we'll do it, from the off we need to get behind the team like we did against Liverpool this time last year and in the league this season.

As long as we do our bit I'm pretty sure the players will do theirs.

Too many guys are more confident than I am Hope you are all right.

I've dreaded these 2 games since the draw

If we come out like we did vs Liverpool in the 2nd leg last year Spurs will crumble and the tie will be dead and buried by HT.

If we come out tentative we will concede, expel a shit ton of energy and go out anyway.

Reading these posts and something more stands out, we arent considering Merlin at all. Has the dredded moment arrived where another (Bernado) has reached the point of taking over from the little spanish legend ?

He hasnt been at his usual level we are accustomed too of late, but Bernado has now cemented himself as a must starter is evident through this season

merlin is my fave of all time, we cant be at this point yet can we ! ?

Echoes my thoughts perfectly. But the fact remains that he hasn’t been his usual game dominating self for a long time. I hope it’s not the beginning of the end but like everyone else I want Leroy in from the start, and that means Bernie in the middle.

I’m pretty sure that, as long as Delph and Mahrez are nowhere near the the team, we will be just fine. 2-0 City comfortably.

Echoes my thoughts perfectly. But the fact remains that he hasn’t been his usual game dominating self for a long time. I hope it’s not the beginning of the end but like everyone else I want Leroy in from the start, and that means Bernie in the middle.

I'm still not sure whether it really is an age thing as opposed to simply a spell of bad form. He certainly hasnt looked as sharp as last season, but also he's been guilty of some sloppy passing, which shouldn't really be a consequence of being a year older. He's just been giving the ball away too much and not making the incisive passes that we expect from him. At the moment Bernado looks the better bet, but I wouldnt write off David too soon.

I’m pretty sure that, as long as Delph and Mahrez are nowhere near the the team, we will be just fine. 2-0 City comfortably.

The problem is that "2-0 City" and "comfortably" just don't belong together in the context of this match. If its 2-0 City with 10 mins to go then the stadium will be wracked with nervous tension. Until we're 3 up then one slip up and we could be out. But if we chase a 3 goal lead we would just create more pressure for ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.