Spurs - CL 2nd Leg - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was the first time that I can rememver Pep playing Bernardo and KDB in the same midfield three. To my memory, he's not done it previously. Probably because they both tend to drift to the right. I'd be shocked if he started with those two in his midfield three. I think it'll be Bernardo off to the right again and De Bruyne central with no place for Leroy if Sterling is fit

It’s like this imo.

We turn up properly and do our thing and Spurs’ arseholes will be that sore they won’t be sitting down for a month.

It’s that simple.

Make no mistake this will be tough, Spurs know a draw will see them through and theyll play for it. They'll be hard to break down and they have a genuine threat upfront with the pace of Moura and/or Son, it's the tougest kind of opponent for our style. I wouldn't be surprised if Pep tried another big brain plan here, maybe even a back 5 to match what we will likely see from spurs I hope not though as I think our best chance is to play as we know best.just don't want to see mahrez anywhere near the team. Would add gundogan to that too but for different reasons, not because he's poor ut just because it will mean we won't see a trio from fernandinho kdb bernardo and silva.

Ederson
Danilo
Kompany
Laporte
Mendy
Fernandinho
Kdb
Bernardo
Sterling
Sane
Aguero.
I would go as far to say if he doesn’t start another game we win the quad, if he does we won’t.

Shocked at the number of people starting with Mendy. He's been out for so long, is it wise starting him again so quickly,?? We could risk losing him for the season.

Guess it doesn't matter now and we've just got to go for it.

Has the etihad sold out? I really hope the match day going fans are buzzing need that energy similar to the livepeool game in January. That'll carry us to a big win!

Aguero is my big worry for this game, he was really off his game against Palace. He needs to start well on Wednesday.
Sane, Sterling and Kev will terrorise them though. Just need to convert the inevitable early chances. Need to be more clinical than they have been of late.
Aguero always takes a couple of games to get going and then tears someone a new arsehole. It'll be Spurs, either on Wednesday or Saturday. It's all good.

Reading these posts and something more stands out, we arent considering Merlin at all. Has the dredded moment arrived where another (Bernado) has reached the point of taking over from the little spanish legend ?

He hasnt been at his usual level we are accustomed too of late, but Bernado has now cemented himself as a must starter is evident through this season

merlin is my fave of all time, we cant be at this point yet can we ! ?
I don’t think we are at point yet but current form suggests that Bernardo is ahead of David. Unless there is an improvement in the latter and a drop in form of the former then David Silva will become a squad player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.