Spurs - CL 2nd Leg - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see Mendy starting mid-week after the Palace match, he'll probably be kept for the Saturday. He's only just back to the starting line-up, he'll need time.
Zinchy should be available; I think he'll play.

Can’t believe the confidence here.

Kane is out yes, but Spurs rested Son, Trippier, Rose and Alderweireld this weekend.

Lucas Moura scored a hat trick and will be full of belief.

If they score first it’s pretty much mission impossible like last year.

Another really tough game, we need to be at our best. I’m hoping De Bruyne makes the difference and Pep goes with Sane and Sterling on the wings.
Not having Kane might even help them. We have never really struggled against Kane, we’re one of the few teams that deals well with him. But with them playing Son up top and Moura/Eriksen supporting him, they'll be very dangerous on the counter. Difficult to see them not scoring so we need 3 minimum. If Aguero can find some fitness between now and then we can do it, but it’s going to be extremely tough.

Can’t believe the confidence here.

Kane is out yes, but Spurs rested Son, Trippier, Rose and Alderweireld this weekend.

Lucas Moura scored a hat trick and will be full of belief.

If they score first it’s pretty much mission impossible like last year.

Another really tough game, we need to be at our best. I’m hoping De Bruyne makes the difference and Pep goes with Sane and Sterling on the wings.

We watched the first game with Son playing all of it and Moura coming on.
Spurs were dead lucky to score and even without being ANYWHERE near our best,
Spurs looked devoid of any ideas how to attack us.

I expect this one to be harder than the league one and I want the league win more. 1:0 is very tricky score.

Spurs have the advantage. One Spurs goal and it will be extremely difficult. We need to win the Champions League more than the Premier League, although many on here think otherwise for whatever reason. Lets go for it from the start and get the atmosphere ramped up.

Not having Kane might even help them. We have never really struggled against Kane, we’re one of the few teams that deals well with him. But with them playing Son up top and Moura/Eriksen supporting him, they'll be very dangerous on the counter. Difficult to see them not scoring so we need 3 minimum. If Aguero can find some fitness between now and then we can do it, but it’s going to be extremely tough.
16 clean sheets and by far and away the fewest shots conceded of any team in the premier league but you can’t see Spurs not scoring against us? It’s that relentless glass half full attitude that I suspect we will never lose, and rightly so..........

Ederson
Walker
Kompany
Laporte
Mendy
Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Bernardo Silva
Sterling
Sane
Aguero

16 clean sheets and by far and away the fewest shots conceded of any team in the premier league but you can’t see Spurs not scoring against us? It’s that relentless glass half full attitude that I suspect we will never lose, and rightly so..........
16 clean sheets in 33 games? So we concede more often than we don’t, yeah? ;) It’s quite normal to concede in football, and Spurs have the players to counter us. We just need Aguero to be fit. Like properly fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.