Spurs fan in Colin bell and the minute's silence

Personally I am not sure clapping is appropriate either but for some reason many did.

A minutes silence for millions of people who lost their lives is appropriate. Clapping isn't. Just my opinion.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Personally I am not sure clapping is appropriate either but for some reason many did.

A minutes silence for millions of people who lost their lives is appropriate. Clapping isn't. Just my opinion.
yeah, that was odd. People have started doing it in all minute's silences now. It was like a few started doing it, lots joined in, then everyone realised it was a bit inappropriate and stopped.

I think these minute's applause which have gained popularity have confused people.

Didsbury Dave said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

yeah, that was odd. People have started doing it in all minute's silences now. It was like a few started doing it, lots joined in, then everyone realised it was a bit inappropriate and stopped.

I think these minute's applause which have gained popularity have confused people.

They have but really this minutes silence shouldn't have confused anyone.

Hopefully he was just a pissed up fool who now regrets his actions. If not then he is a cnut. If someone agrees with remembrance day or not, if they attend a match where this is going to be happening then they should observe the silence out of respect for the people who do value it.

I thought the clapping happened because of the speech given by the soldier and it wasn't clear the minutes silence had started.

drthingy said:
I thought the clapping happened because of the speech given by the soldier and it wasn't clear the minutes silence had started.

that is what I thought. seemed to go from the speech to the minutes silence quite quickly.

warpig said:
drthingy said:

that is what I thought. seemed to go from the speech to the minutes silence quite quickly.

No excuses, it's not a new concept.

Shut the fuck up and observe the whole lot.

They went with songs to the battle, they were young. Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow. They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted, They fell with their faces to the foe. They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them.

Wretched Vengeance said:
warpig said:
drthingy said:

No excuses, it's not a new concept.

Shut the fuck up and observe the whole lot.

They went with songs to the battle, they were young. Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow. They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted, They fell with their faces to the foe. They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them.

think you've missed the point rather spectacularly there. nice poem though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.