Spurs fans...

spurspinter1 said:
r.soleofsalford said:
THFC6061 said:
Well for starters, the last set of financial figures available has City spending 106.4% of their total income on player's wages.

UEFA recommend a maximum spend of no more than 70% to be financially viable.

Any business, be it a football club or anything else, can't spend more than it's total income on wages and expect to be run on sound financial principles.

The season previous to that had City declaring a loss of £89.7 million - the highest figure in the Premier League that season.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/PremierLeagueFinances.html

uefa recommend. ffs. have you heard yourself, our owner made £4 billion in profit from selling his barclay shares alone, and you think uefa can tell him how best to look after his own financial well being.

THFC601 isn't saying the rules are there to ensure your owner makes money from the business, from what I understand the rules will be in place to create a level field financially.
I'm not so sure. I'm under the impression that every financial rule implemented by the various footballing powers is with the intention of securing power for those already possessing it.<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:39 am --<br /><br />
whitt said:
Speculate to accumulate.

Sandro looks like a triffic player to be fair.
I would love to see if we could poach him in the near future. He's young, seems bright, and would fit in well as an understudy in our system. ;)

spurspinter1 said:
r.soleofsalford said:
THFC6061 said:
Well for starters, the last set of financial figures available has City spending 106.4% of their total income on player's wages.

UEFA recommend a maximum spend of no more than 70% to be financially viable.

Any business, be it a football club or anything else, can't spend more than it's total income on wages and expect to be run on sound financial principles.

The season previous to that had City declaring a loss of £89.7 million - the highest figure in the Premier League that season.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/PremierLeagueFinances.html

uefa recommend. ffs. have you heard yourself, our owner made £4 billion in profit from selling his barclay shares alone, and you think uefa can tell him how best to look after his own financial well being.

THFC601 isn't saying the rules are there to ensure your owner makes money from the business, from what I understand the rules will be in place to create a level field financially.

I'm interested to see if you believe this to be true. Though we will suffer from FFP, so will you, while the other 4 big teams and the rest of Europe's elite pull away due to their much larger worldwide fanbase.
It won't level the playing field, it is increasing the divide.

spurspinter1 said:
Modric-9.5- He really is on another level compared to our midfield
Parker-6.5- With Sandro out long term and Hudd's fitness, he is needed
Sandro-7- Will be Brazil's holding midfielder, he's taken little time to settle and has become one of the first names on the team sheet. AC Milan away was godlike, I'm sure there's highlights of it somewhere
Huddlestone-7- The quarterback, spreads play fast, getting the best out of wide players, lack of mobility and injuries are problems though
Bale-6.5- He seems to believe his own hype at the moment, not tracking back as much as he should do, and he hasn't been playing well since getting raped by Charlie Adam. I hate that man. Potential is there to be a 9/10 I reckon
VDV-7.5- He has the technique and ability, and he has a real winning mentality, occasionally this comes out of him in a prima donna way though. Always scores against Arsenal. Corners and free kicks are normally terrible though, and he doesn't let anyone else take them....

Silva-9.5- Loved him when he was at Valencia, skillful, the man to spark things off. Versatile as well.
Yaya-8- A changed player in his time at City, once he starts running it's hard to stop him, attacking prowess and defensive awareness combined. Seems to be struggling fitness wise this season from what I've seen though
NDJ-7- Offers little going forward, but he obviously doesn't have to. You'll probably disagree but I still think he is fairly reckless at times in the tackle, when more discipline is required
Barry-6.5- Not a star player, but a neccesary cog in the machine, simple passes and covering the space
Milner-6.5- Definitely has an engine, but not really creativity or flair.
Nasri-8.5- Three assists against us I believe, it's nice being able to admit how good he is now ;)
Aj-6- Might be controversial, but in honesty, it is what I think of him. I posted this a while back in my home forum. "Every game starts off the same, you see him fresh and ready; The future of England. He gets on the ball early on, does a step over and shoots from wherever he is at that point in time. Then he repeats this cycle twice then fades in to the background. He re-emerges on the 70th minute when he has a hissy fit after being substituted for a player that actually might have some sort of effect on the game." He hasn't done much t change my mind since that post to be honest

Wouldn't argue with much of that (even AJ) as I think you're close enough, apart from Barry.

I really don't get how people don't rate him. Just to keep it simple, you've given Huddlestone 7, but Barry is already everything you claim for Huddlestone and damn good at it, so how can he score lower?
Personally I'd give him 8 to keep in line with above scores.
You probably havn't taken much notice of him, but keep an eye out next time you see City. He plays that many games for us for good reason.

more lazy than useless said:
spurspinter1 said:
Sandro-7- Will be Brazil's holding midfielder, he's taken little time to settle and has become one of the first names on the team sheet. AC Milan away was godlike, I'm sure there's highlights of it somewhere
Huddlestone-7- The quarterback, spreads play fast, getting the best out of wide players, lack of mobility and injuries are problems though
Bale-6.5- He seems to believe his own hype at the moment, not tracking back as much as he should do, and he hasn't been playing well since getting raped by Charlie Adam. I hate that man. Potential is there to be a 9/10 I reckon
VDV-7.5- He has the technique and ability, and he has a real winning mentality, occasionally this comes out of him in a prima donna way though. Always scores against Arsenal. Corners and free kicks are normally terrible though, and he doesn't let anyone else take them....

Silva-9.5- Loved him when he was at Valencia, skillful, the man to spark things off. Versatile as well.
Yaya-8- A changed player in his time at City, once he starts running it's hard to stop him, attacking prowess and defensive awareness combined. Seems to be struggling fitness wise this season from what I've seen though
NDJ-7- Offers little going forward, but he obviously doesn't have to. You'll probably disagree but I still think he is fairly reckless at times in the tackle, when more discipline is required
Barry-6.5- Not a star player, but a neccesary cog in the machine, simple passes and covering the space
Nasri-8.5- Three assists against us I believe, it's nice being able to admit how good he is now ;)
Aj-6- Might be controversial, but in honesty, it is what I think of him. I posted this a while back in my home forum. "Every game starts off the same, you see him fresh and ready; The future of England. He gets on the ball early on, does a step over and shoots from wherever he is at that point in time. Then he repeats this cycle twice then fades in to the background. He re-emerges on the 70th minute when he has a hissy fit after being substituted for a player that actually might have some sort of effect on the game." He hasn't done much t change my mind since that post to be honest

Wouldn't argue with much of that (even AJ) as I think you're close enough, apart from Barry.

I really don't get how people don't rate him. Just to keep it simple, you've given Huddlestone 7, but Barry is already everything you claim for Huddlestone and damn good at it, so how can he score lower?
You probably havn't taken much notice of him, but keep an eye out next time you see City. He plays that many games for us for good reason.

Well maybe take 0.5 off Modric, he's just not as good as dave

My opinion on Spurs players, squad here not just midfield:-

Gomes - 5 A mistake waiting to happen, can pull off some fantastic saves, but you just KNOW he's going to throw one in his own net.

Friedel - 7 A proven goalkeeper, Premiership quality, doesn't have any weaknesses, but also doesn't excel in any one area. At 41 (I think) his age may start to become a problem sooner rather than later.

Cudicini - 6 Difficult to mark as he has barely played in the last few years, on his day a very good keeper at Chelsea, but sitting on the bench for so long must have stagnated him.

Assou-Ekotto - 6 I just don't rate him, doesn't seem to do anything particularly well, and I'm astounded Redknapp hasn't found a replacement yet. Mediocre is probably the best description.

Dawson - 7.5 A good English centre half, tall, good in the air, strong. Maybe a little issue with pace and mobility but nonetheless a good player.

Kaboul - 6 Another average player. He was pretty woeful against City (regardless of his goal) and I don't think he should be starting for Spurs if they want to achieve anything. Not of the required standard.

Bassong - 6 Redknapp cearly doesn't rate him, that's why he was almost a QPR player, and I can see why. Another "nothing" player who should be at a lower level club than one of the Top 6.

Corluka - 7 Needs to "man up" on the physcial side of his game but looks very good with the ball at his feet, composed for a defender. A good player.

King - 8 Rank is based on him being fit, which is a rarity. Strong, good in the tackle and in the air, pace, a natural leader. Just a shame about his body letting him down.

Gallas - 7 Not what he once was, in his Arsenal and Chelsea days he’d have been ranked higher than this. Still a good player, and a danger from set pieces.

Walker – 7 Inexperienced, and unproven, but has raw talent and the potential to improve. Quick, but naïve in his positioning.

Bale – 8 Overhyped but it’s extremely hard to find quality left footed players. Strikes the ball extremely well, whether crossing or shooting, and has pace to burn. Doesn’t work hard enough on his defensive game though.

Huddlestone – 6.5 I just don’t see in him what Spurs fans seem to. He strikes the ball cleanly, and his passing can be pretty good, but he’s too hotheaded, too inconsistent and doesn’t seem to be one thing nor the other, he’s not defensive enough to hold in midfield, and his not attacking enough to push forward.

Kranjcar – 5.5 I don’t think he’s very good, not even slightly. A creative midfielder without the skillset to really affect the course of a game, and a liability when his team is under pressure.

Lennon – 7.5 He’d be ranked higher if he was more consistent. He can beat pretty much anybody in a 1-on-1, extremely quick combined with keeping the ball under control. Needs to work on his crossing, and can’t be allowed to only “show up” 1 in every 3 or 4 games.

Modric – 8.5 Chelsea clearly rate him, and he is indeed a very good player, however I’d have bitten their hand off for £40m. Extremely good passer, and scores a few goals too, however for £40m I’d expect a true World Class talent, and I think Modric is slightly below that level. He’s not as good as Silva in my opinion.

Pienaar – 7 A good little player, very active, and causes teams issues. However I’m not certain why Redknapp bought him (apart from not wanting to miss out on a bargain). Don’t think Spurs needed him.

Sandro – 7.5 Can only judge on what I’ve seen, and from that I think he’s above average, but he’s not of the quality people are suggesting. I’m sure Spurs fans will disagree, but I simply don’t think he’s as good as they do.

Defoe – 8 I think I rate Defoe more than Redknapp does. Always seems to be a goalthreat, yet is constantly on the bench when lesser talents are starting. Fantastic shot from distance, and still has the pace to trouble defenders. I’d start him as often as possible.

Adebayor – 8 If he can be motivated he can, on his day, be a matchwinner. Strong, good feet, good in the air. Just don’t expect too much workrate, and his holding up of the ball leaves something to be desired. 20 goal a season striker if on his game though.

Pavlyuchenko – 6.5 Slightly (very) better than average. Has occasionally shown glimpses of ability, but is anonymous far too often.

Van der Vaart – 7.5 Another hit-and-miss player, when he’s good is very, very good, when he’s bad he’s a passenger. Good feet and the knack of being in the right place at the right time as well.

spurspinter1 said:
forevermancity said:
spurspinter1 said:
I'd agree that VDV is injury prone, how exactly has he been found out? Scored 15 goals in his first season in English football and showed good form in Pre-season. Didn't have good games against Utd or you guys but how is that being found out?

Bale is an over-rated player, no doubt about it. And as usual with over-rated players, there's a crowd of people who see this and under-rate him in an attempt to beat the system. He is still learning the game, at his age he has much more time to develop. And I think you'll find he had two good games against inter ;)

Sandro is fucking awesome. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Real Madrid or somewhere similar in a couple of years time, hopefully not though...Someone so young with such good reading of the game is a rare thing, so disciplined as well. You probably wouldn't have put in 5 against us if he'd been on, all hypothetical now though of course

Hudd has not really been fit for a season and a half now, injuries are halting his progress no doubt, but his quality is there to see. The English Alonso if there ever was one.

Modric may want to go, but he signed a 6 year contract with no release clause a year ago, his agent is to blame.

You forgot Parker as well, but I'll refer back to the Bale over-rated thing for this I guess, just another run of the mill player eh?

I do apologise for coming on your board and going on about our midfield though, but the Newcastle comment was quite funny.
So out of 10, how would you rate your midfield an ours?

Modric-9
Parker-7
Sandro-8
Huddlestone-6
Bale-8
VDV-7

Silva-10
Yaya-9
NDJ-9
Barry-8
Milner-7
Nasri-9
Aj-8

It's difficult to say really, do we consider age/injury issues as something with affects their mark? I'll assume not.

I actualy like you. You seem to be a decent poster and I hope you stick around

I was never proud of the fact that I sent a spuds fan tumbling down a flight of stairs at Wembley in 1981 having smacked him in the face when it kicked off, now I'm quite pleased to say he deserved it.......it was a long way down to the bottom as well and several other went with him as he fell........!!!!

Matty said:

Gomes - 5 A mistake waiting to happen, can pull off some fantastic saves, but you just KNOW he's going to throw one in his own net.

Friedel - 7 A proven goalkeeper, Premiership quality, doesn't have any weaknesses, but also doesn't excel in any one area. At 41 (I think) his age may start to become a problem sooner rather than later.

Cudicini - 6 Difficult to mark as he has barely played in the last few years, on his day a very good keeper at Chelsea, but sitting on the bench for so long must have stagnated him.

Assou-Ekotto - 6 I just don't rate him, doesn't seem to do anything particularly well, and I'm astounded Redknapp hasn't found a replacement yet. Mediocre is probably the best description.

Dawson - 7.5 A good English centre half, tall, good in the air, strong. Maybe a little issue with pace and mobility but nonetheless a good player.

Kaboul - 6 Another average player. He was pretty woeful against City (regardless of his goal) and I don't think he should be starting for Spurs if they want to achieve anything. Not of the required standard.

Bassong - 6 Redknapp cearly doesn't rate him, that's why he was almost a QPR player, and I can see why. Another "nothing" player who should be at a lower level club than one of the Top 6.

Corluka - 7 Needs to "man up" on the physcial side of his game but looks very good with the ball at his feet, composed for a defender. A good player.

King - 8 Rank is based on him being fit, which is a rarity. Strong, good in the tackle and in the air, pace, a natural leader. Just a shame about his body letting him down.

Gallas - 7 Not what he once was, in his Arsenal and Chelsea days he’d have been ranked higher than this. Still a good player, and a danger from set pieces.

Walker – 7 Inexperienced, and unproven, but has raw talent and the potential to improve. Quick, but naïve in his positioning.

Bale – 8 Overhyped but it’s extremely hard to find quality left footed players. Strikes the ball extremely well, whether crossing or shooting, and has pace to burn. Doesn’t work hard enough on his defensive game though.

Huddlestone – 6.5 I just don’t see in him what Spurs fans seem to. He strikes the ball cleanly, and his passing can be pretty good, but he’s too hotheaded, too inconsistent and doesn’t seem to be one thing nor the other, he’s not defensive enough to hold in midfield, and his not attacking enough to push forward.

Kranjcar – 5.5 I don’t think he’s very good, not even slightly. A creative midfielder without the skillset to really affect the course of a game, and a liability when his team is under pressure.

Lennon – 7.5 He’d be ranked higher if he was more consistent. He can beat pretty much anybody in a 1-on-1, extremely quick combined with keeping the ball under control. Needs to work on his crossing, and can’t be allowed to only “show up” 1 in every 3 or 4 games.

Modric – 8.5 Chelsea clearly rate him, and he is indeed a very good player, however I’d have bitten their hand off for £40m. Extremely good passer, and scores a few goals too, however for £40m I’d expect a true World Class talent, and I think Modric is slightly below that level. He’s not as good as Silva in my opinion.Pienaar – 7 A good little player, very active, and causes teams issues. However I’m not certain why Redknapp bought him (apart from not wanting to miss out on a bargain). Don’t think Spurs needed him.

Sandro – 7.5 Can only judge on what I’ve seen, and from that I think he’s above average, but he’s not of the quality people are suggesting. I’m sure Spurs fans will disagree, but I simply don’t think he’s as good as they do.

Defoe – 8 I think I rate Defoe more than Redknapp does. Always seems to be a goalthreat, yet is constantly on the bench when lesser talents are starting. Fantastic shot from distance, and still has the pace to trouble defenders. I’d start him as often as possible.

Adebayor – 8 If he can be motivated he can, on his day, be a matchwinner. Strong, good feet, good in the air. Just don’t expect too much workrate, and his holding up of the ball leaves something to be desired. 20 goal a season striker if on his game though.

Pavlyuchenko – 6.5 Slightly (very) better than average. Has occasionally shown glimpses of ability, but is anonymous far too often.

Van der Vaart – 7.5 Another hit-and-miss player, when he’s good is very, very good, when he’s bad he’s a passenger. Good feet and the knack of being in the right place at the right time as well.

I agree.
Modric is overated and is IMO not as good as Silva or Nasri. (I would have said this before he came to City, when he was still playing for Arsenal.)
£40million for Modric would have been a complete rip off.

more lazy than useless said:
spurspinter1 said:

I'm not saying he's a bad player by any means, 6.5 is a good rating really, it's just that people tend to be a bit bi-polar when it comes to player ratings, ie he's either Messi or he's Marlon Harewood if you see what I mean. As I said, he does the simple things well, and that is what is expected of him. I gave him the same rating as Parker....

With the Barry/Hudd comparison, in my opinion Hudd has it in his locker to pull something really special off, wheras Barry doesn't seem to (apart from at Bolton it seems, quality strike).

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:24 pm --

Chungo said:
Well maybe take 0.5 off Modric, he's just not as good as dave

Silva gets alot more goals and assists, but it's hard to tell whether that is because of the team he is in or the quality of the player. Would you rather be feeding through balls to Tevez and Aguero or Defoe and Super Pav?

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:40 pm --

Matty said:

Pienaar – 7 A good little player, very active, and causes teams issues. However I’m not certain why Redknapp bought him (apart from not wanting to miss out on a bargain). Don’t think Spurs needed him.

Some fair opinions, but I've shortened down the list to the one's which I'd change slightly

Assou Ekotto seems to be one of those players that other clubs don't rate at all, personally I'm fine with this as it means he's lesslikely to be poached but I absolutely love him. He has a couple of off days a season but what left back doesn't? He's just so damn cool.

I don't expect you to watch the whole video but this shows some of his class

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBEJo0QYpEY[/youtube]

He's so calm and composed, makes a lot of right wingers look silly with his endless cyruff turns and tricks, strong as an ox as well. Maybe it's a deluded view, but Spurs fans tend to put him up there with the best LB's in the league, competing with Cole and Evra.

Bassong is a strange one, instrumental in us getting fourth but his form dropped and it won't improve whilst getting one game a month or so

King is a 10 for me all day you'd be surprised to know :) Whenever he plays everyone around him plays so much better, he makes Dawson look world class which is difficult to do. Injuries being the obviously problem. It doesn't really mean much but Henry always said he was the best defender he played against, so clean as well, I think he's massed about 3 bookings in his entire career, might be wrong on that though

Krancjar is a player who suffers greatly from being played out of position, but when he's played on the left he is dangerous. Lacks pace but he has good vision and can certainely strike a ball as well. He's also rather beautiful.

Lennon looked like he'd matured for a while, was absolute quality but he's gone back to headless chicken mode at the moment. Needs someone to push him for his place to get his form back I think

Pienaar has been a disaster of a signing, I'm sure he's on high wages as well. The Spurs medical staff have had their way with him clearly, been injured for 90% of the time with us after playing 4 full seasons with Everton without so much as picking up a knock. He has good a good engine, but apart from that, doesn't seem to do much unfortunately.

Pav's time is running out I think, 89 minutes of pure nothingness and then a moment of magic. Frustrating player. We've seen what he can do, but he simply doesn't do it often enough. The Jenas of strikers if you will<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:41 pm --<br /><br />
Matty said:

Some fair opinions, but I've shortened down the list to the one's which I'd change slightly

Assou Ekotto seems to be one of those players that other clubs don't rate at all, personally I'm fine with this as it means he's lesslikely to be poached but I absolutely love him. He has a couple of off days a season but what left back doesn't? He's just so damn cool.

I don't expect you to watch the whole video but this shows some of his class

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBEJo0QYpEY[/youtube]

He's so calm and composed, makes a lot of right wingers look silly with his endless cyruff turns and tricks, strong as an ox as well. Maybe it's a deluded view, but Spurs fans tend to put him up there with the best LB's in the league, competing with Cole and Evra.

Bassong is a strange one, instrumental in us getting fourth but his form dropped and it won't improve whilst getting one game a month or so

King is a 10 for me all day you'd be surprised to know :) Whenever he plays everyone around him plays so much better, he makes Dawson look world class which is difficult to do. Injuries being the obviously problem. It doesn't really mean much but Henry always said he was the best defender he played against, so clean as well, I think he's massed about 3 bookings in his entire career, might be wrong on that though

Krancjar is a player who suffers greatly from being played out of position, but when he's played on the left he is dangerous. Lacks pace but he has good vision and can certainely strike a ball as well. He's also rather beautiful.

Lennon looked like he'd matured for a while, was absolute quality but he's gone back to headless chicken mode at the moment. Needs someone to push him for his place to get his form back I think

Pienaar has been a disaster of a signing, I'm sure he's on high wages as well. The Spurs medical staff have had their way with him clearly, been injured for 90% of the time with us after playing 4 full seasons with Everton without so much as picking up a knock. He has good a good engine, but apart from that, doesn't seem to do much unfortunately.

Pav's time is running out I think, 89 minutes of pure nothingness and then a moment of magic. Frustrating player. We've seen what he can do, but he simply doesn't do it often enough. The Jenas of strikers if you will

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.