Spurs fans...

spurspinter1 said:
THFC601 isn't saying the rules are there to ensure your owner makes money from the business, from what I understand the rules will be in place to create a level field financially.
70% revenue on players wages is not a rule, it's a recommendation. UEFA have no intention of creating a level financial playing field. They created the problem with the money the Champions League can bring in. Would they get rid of that? No, because then no-one would play in it. Someone would set up a rival super league in a minute with a prize fund and they'd lose half their gravy train and power. So, what do they do, create some twatty rules and try their level best to enshrine the current oligarchy in order to snuff out that threat and the threat to Europe's established elite which neither of our clubs are currently part of. Don't drink the kool-aid.

Stretford Born Blue said:
I was never proud of the fact that I sent a spuds fan tumbling down a flight of stairs at Wembley in 1981 having smacked him in the face when it kicked off, now I'm quite pleased to say he deserved it.......it was a long way down to the bottom as well and several other went with him as he fell........!!!!

So your saying you are proud of assaulting someone because of them supporting a football team?

Did you make sure there weren't any children or women on the stairs hurt in the incident?<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:48 pm --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
spurspinter1 said:
THFC601 isn't saying the rules are there to ensure your owner makes money from the business, from what I understand the rules will be in place to create a level field financially.
70% revenue on players wages is not a rule, it's a recommendation. UEFA have no intention of creating a level financial playing field. They created the problem with the money the Champions League can bring in. Would they get rid of that? No, because then no-one would play in it. Someone would set up a rival super league in a minute with a prize fund and they'd lose half their gravy train and power. So, what do they do, create some twatty rules and try their level best to enshrine the current oligarchy in order to snuff out that threat and the threat to Europe's established elite which neither of our clubs are currently part of. Don't drink the kool-aid.

The knowledge of financial aspect of football is something that I am ill-equipped with to be honest so will rarely join debate in this subject as I don't pretend to know anything about. The comment I quoted after THFC601 seemed to have misread the meaning of his comment

May I add this? When did Fabregas join?

by Raziel » 22/08/2011, 15:44

Seriously, you people are complete morons

- If you are a fan, your personal likes or dislikes should not be the basis for how we run our club
- Spurs needs consistancy/stability, not another manager change
- People forget the pre MJ and Ramos days when the media "witch hunted" Spurs at any opportunity, Harry's pals in the media keep the press mostly positive to Spurs (besides the "sky 4" bias)
- Can we all get some kind of loving reality check, City has spent over 1.2B, players being bought (e.g. Nasri, Cesc, Eto, etc.) are being offered salaries in the 120, 140, 300K a week range, look at what Pool has Spent, 100M for not a single "WC" player. Sorry, this is like loving envy of some kind, we can't afford it ... get used to it ..Raziel

Kun Aguero said:
May I add this? When did Fabregas join?

by Raziel » 22/08/2011, 15:44

Seriously, you people are complete morons

- If you are a fan, your personal likes or dislikes should not be the basis for how we run our club
- Spurs needs consistancy/stability, not another manager change
- People forget the pre MJ and Ramos days when the media "witch hunted" Spurs at any opportunity, Harry's pals in the media keep the press mostly positive to Spurs (besides the "sky 4" bias)
- Can we all get some kind of loving reality check, City has spent over 1.2B, players being bought (e.g. Nasri, Cesc, Eto, etc.) are being offered salaries in the 120, 140, 300K a week range, look at what Pool has Spent, 100M for not a single "WC" player. Sorry, this is like loving envy of some kind, we can't afford it ... get used to it ..Raziel

Same day as Eto. They're on 300K a week. Spurs wanted to buy him, but they don't buy players, apparently.

That Spurs fan should have included himself in the 'moron' remark. Out of interest, what is his rant about exactly? Are there calls for a new manager?

Amusing post by a moderator on Glory-Glory re TV rights:

I'd be very surprised if we came off worse from it - we've still got a large fanbase from all over the world. City would be screwed, wouldn't surprise me if Chelsea lost a little out of it either.

I am surprised other posters didn't agree with him as I thought Spurs fans were all deluded rather than simply a proportion of them.

I have found that Spurs fans, namely the gobby ones on internet forums rather those I meet, are certain that they have a huge international fanbase with many fans across the globe, a much bigger international fanbase than we have. They believe it separates them from other clubs like City, Villa and Everton. I have never read any eveidence to suggest Spurs are any more popular than Stoke, in terms of international fanbase.

Re: The Official Manchester City (Joke Club) Thread
by El Guepardo » 28/09/2011, 21:43

I think we could finish above them. I get the feeling there's a rotten under core and I fully expect them to throw away points where they are not expected to. I think they will finish 4th. I think they will miss Toure when he goes to African Nations duty & should either Aguero or Silva be injured they are in seriously trouble; having said that, so would we be if Bad Ade gets injured.El Guepardo

Not meaning to be cocky but we will finish at least 10 points above them.

Manc in London said:
Amusing post by a moderator on Glory-Glory re TV rights:

I'd be very surprised if we came off worse from it - we've still got a large fanbase from all over the world. City would be screwed, wouldn't surprise me if Chelsea lost a little out of it either.

I am surprised other posters didn't agree with him as I thought Spurs fans were all deluded rather than simply a proportion of them.

I have found that Spurs fans, namely the gobby ones on internet forums rather those I meet, are certain that they have a huge international fanbase with many fans across the globe, a much bigger international fanbase than we have. They believe it separates them from other clubs like City, Villa and Everton. I have never read any eveidence to suggest Spurs are any more popular than Stoke, in terms of international fanbase.

No disrespect to Stoke but I'm pretty sure Spurs have a bigger global fanbase than them. That said, I agree that I don't think they have a significantly bigger international fanbase than the likes of us, Everton, Villa, or Newcastle. They're lagging behind the obvious three - United, Liverpool, Arsenal - and like it or not, they're well behind Chelsea these days in terms of the size of their international support and the longer City stay up or around the upper echelons the more fans we'll pick up too though I can't ever see us having a support base that is a big as United or Liverpool.

With regards to Spurs fans in general, I'm not too fond of them but the ones that post on here tend to be good posters.

Kun Aguero said:
Re: The Official Manchester City (Joke Club) Thread
by El Guepardo » 28/09/2011, 21:43

I think we could finish above them. I get the feeling there's a rotten under core and I fully expect them to throw away points where they are not expected to. I think they will finish 4th. I think they will miss Toure when he goes to African Nations duty & should either Aguero or Silva be injured they are in seriously trouble; having said that, so would we be if Bad Ade gets injured.El Guepardo

Not meaning to be cocky but we will finish at least 10 points above them.

10 points is either really pessamistic for us or really optimistic for them

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/48587/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/48587/</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/48450/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/48450/</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/37684" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/37684</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.