(10 minutes pass)
....Oh when the Spuuuuuuurs....
etc.
etc.
etc.

jimharri said:
Castiel said:
Pigeonho said:
Some very bitter Spurs fans around at present. Saggers and Quinn did a phone in about next seasons top 4, and how its more than likely that there will be only one team in it from London come the end of the season, (chelsea). Arsenal fans came on and gave a good arguement for themselves but spurs fans! Well let's just say they are very, very bitter! 'What have man city got that we haven't?' 'even if we sell modric our team is more gelled than city's, Liverpools, Chelsea's and united's', were just some of the rants! Very amusing stuff.
A striker that can score?
A defence that can defend? In front of a decent 'keeper?
Didn't you champion them as a better team than us on several occasions last season?

M18CTID said:
Not only that, but what most people seem to forget is that Spurs had been spending big for years and many of their key players were at the club before Redknapp arrived. To take 2 high profile examples, Bale was signed when Jol was still manager and Modric was signed when Ramos was manager.

People talk about what a great job 'Arry has done, and while he has done a decent job there it's also fair to point out that Spurs were never a bottom-of-the-table side in a million years when Ramos was sacked. They had a shit start to the 08-09 season but with the players they had they were easily a top 5 team on paper. Jol got them 5th spot 2 seasons running and they repaid him by sacking him - if they'd kept him on they probably would have bagged that coveted 4th spot anyway.

Yes, Spurs have never been afraid to spend but the last time we broke the British transfer record was way back in 1970 (£200,000 for Martin Peters) and we've never spent more than £17m for any one player.

The other side to that is that Spurs regularly do very well in the transfer market selling players on.

In fact, our net spend during the 20 seasons of the Premier League Era is only £170,485,320, which averages-out at just over £8.5 million a season - a very reasonable amount indeed when you stop and think about it.

Factor-in Tottenham's wages policy, which has us around the Premier League average, and you can start to see why Spurs are one of the very few clubs which can invariably post a profit for most seasons.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/TottenhamHotspurPlayerTransferHistory1908-2009.html

conormcfc said:
jimharri said:
Castiel said:
A striker that can score?
Didn't you champion them as a better team than us on several occasions last season?
Someone must have hacked into my account that time. I'll have to get around to changing that password!

-- Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:49 am --

Skashion said:
jimharri said:
In front of a decent 'keeper?
I know you're Irish but it's pronounced deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecent.
very good!
Just out of curiosity though; what makes you think I'm Irish?

jimharri said:
conormcfc said:
jimharri said:
Someone must have hacked into my account that time. I'll have to get around to changing that password!
Well, a quick search of your name and Spurs brings up:

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=195620&hilit=spurs&start=130

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=195620&p=3760561&hilit=spurs#p3760561

Martin Jol, really?
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=195891&p=3767267&hilit=spurs#p3767267

I only remember these instances because I was posting in the threads at the time. I'm no stalker, honest!

Playing them away at the end of august should be an interesting encounter. They seem to think that their the underdogs that everyone wants to break the top 4 but thats simply not the case. Every fan of teams outside last seasons top 6 i've spoken to doesnt seem to really favour any club. I can sort of understand why as the sky 4 are disliked for obvious reasons, were percieved to be a club buying everyone and spurs are just one of them clubs that seem to piss everyone off.

Also to the comment about team spirit, that may have been true a couple of seasons ago but we've really developed a core of a great squad now with the likes of hart, richards, kompany, zabba, de jong, johnson, silva seeming to be enjoying their time at the club and their just the ones i can think of of the top of my head

P.S anyone see micah tweet a picture of him and joe hart the other day. Little bromance going on there..

jimharri said:
conormcfc said:
jimharri said:

-- Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:49 am --

Skashion said:
jimharri said:
In front of a decent 'keeper?
I know you're Irish but it's pronounced deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecent.
very good!
Just out of curiosity though; what makes you think I'm Irish?

jimharri Post subject: Re: Spurs fans...Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:46 am

:)

conormcfc said:
.......I'm no stalker, honest!
Where on earth would I get that idea from then?
Alright, seeing as you went to so much trouble to make your point, allow me to have my say. At that time we weren't pulling up any trees. The football we were playing was turgid and yes; at that time Spurs did seem to be a better "team" (emphasis on team rather than the respective squad qualities. Now whatever happened in the closing period of the season is something I guess we'll never know. But the change-around in our performances wasvery noticeable (to me anyway). And the credit for that has to go to Mancini. Up until then, I wasn't convinced that he was the man to take us to where we all want to be, but he has won me around. For what it's worth I am delighted to have been proved wrong and I hope to continue eating humble pie if it means that City are successful. What I won't do is apologise for my earlier remarks which were my honest opinion AT THAT TIME and were posted as such, and not with the intention of shit-stirring or WUMming. Quick question for you though; why the incredulity about Martin Jol? Alright; as it has turned out we won't be needing a new manager anytime soon (unless RM wants to go back home). But Jol is a bloody good manager. He did a very good job at Spurs and was unfortunate to have a bad start to the particular season. Remember, he got Spurs to within 90 minutes of a CL spot when they didn't have the quality of player they have now. He also did an excellent job at Hamburg and there were several posts on here stating that Fulham had made a very good appointment when he joined them. Hope that's clear enough for you Conor. Apologies for the tardy reply; at work and can't type on my phone as quick as I can at home.<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:06 pm --<br /><br />
samharris said:
jimharri Post subject: Re: Spurs fans...Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:46 am

:)
Sorry; I'm afraid you've lost me there. Unless you're saying that because I live in Ireland I must be Irish. Is that what you're saying?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.