Spurs fans...

jimharri said:
conormcfc said:
.......I'm no stalker, honest!
Where on earth would I get that idea from then?
Alright, seeing as you went to so much trouble to make your point, allow me to have my say. At that time we weren't pulling up any trees. The football we were playing was turgid and yes; at that time Spurs did seem to be a better "team" (emphasis on team rather than the respective squad qualities. Now whatever happened in the closing period of the season is something I guess we'll never know. But the change-around in our performances wasvery noticeable (to me anyway). And the credit for that has to go to Mancini. Up until then, I wasn't convinced that he was the man to take us to where we all want to be, but he has won me around. For what it's worth I am delighted to have been proved wrong and I hope to continue eating humble pie if it means that City are successful. What I won't do is apologise for my earlier remarks which were my honest opinion AT THAT TIME and were posted as such, and not with the intention of shit-stirring or WUMming. Quick question for you though; why the incredulity about Martin Jol? Alright; as it has turned out we won't be needing a new manager anytime soon (unless RM wants to go back home). But Jol is a bloody good manager. He did a very good job at Spurs and was unfortunate to have a bad start to the particular season. Remember, he got Spurs to within 90 minutes of a CL spot when they didn't have the quality of player they have now. He also did an excellent job at Hamburg and there were several posts on here stating that Fulham had made a very good appointment when he joined them. Hope that's clear enough for you Conor. Apologies for the tardy reply; at work and can't type on my phone as quick as I can at home.
So much trouble? Haha. As I've said Jim, it took 10 seconds to type the words 'jimharri' and 'Spurs' into a search and those were virtually the 1st results that appeared. The only reason I did that was because I could specifically remember you making comments about Spurs being better than us last season, despite the majority disagreeing.

Jol is a nearly man, achieved little in his managerial career and I just found it laughable that anyone would want him in charge of a club with our backing, considering the amounts he spunked on some of the shite he bought at Spurs.

Debatable as to whether they have more quality now than they did in Jol's reign.

You obviously think Jol isn't a good manager. Fair enough. You're perfectly entitled to that opinion. There's no point in me adding any further to it as we'll only end up going around in circles.

THFC6061 said:
Factor-in Tottenham's wages policy, which has us around the Premier League average, and you can start to see why Spurs are one of the very few clubs

Spurs fans may regularly talk about how well their club is run and advise th world that it is an unfair for clubs to spend more than they earn.

Spurs nearly went bankrupt in 1991 by throwing money, they couldn't afford, at players. True or not?

Manc in London said:
THFC6061 said:
Factor-in Tottenham's wages policy, which has us around the Premier League average, and you can start to see why Spurs are one of the very few clubs

Spurs fans may regularly talk about how well their club is run and advise th world that it is an unfair for clubs to spend more than they earn.

Spurs nearly went bankrupt in 1991 by throwing money, they couldn't afford, at players. True or not?

Yup and ten years later when we were splashing huge on Andy Morrison for £50,000 they were bringing in the likes of Dean Richards, Ziege, Poyet and Rebrov... looking at those i think we got the best deal however... and even when we were promoted and Keegan spent around what they spent for a year or 2, when they carried on spending we had a net transfer of minus £20m over 5 years, when Spurs were signing Berbatov we couldnt afford Mido on a free... but as most modern football fans cant remember more than a season, we have bought any success we have had and will have, despite having more home grown players in our first team squad than Spurs do... but we are buying our success they havent of course... dont let the truth get in the way of a good story...

Spurs were about to go under around 91 but Gazza saved us single handedly

Not only winning us a million pounds for the FA cup final, the sale to Lazio balanced the books.

Spurs fans hated Sugar as he said he see Spurs as a business, which now doesn't seem so absurd. He put us on the stock market, wiped the debt and got Spurs to be 14th richest in the world in under 5 years. That was pretty incredible back then

As for fans there are deluded fans everywhere. You can go across every footy forum and quote some gems or cap some dodgy phone in calls of fans living in the past. I don't really understand painting fans with the same brush

Crouchinho said:
Spurs were about to go under around 91 but Gazza saved us single handedly

Not only winning us a million pounds for the FA cup final, the sale to Lazio balanced the books.

Spurs fans hated Sugar as he said he see Spurs as a business, which now doesn't seem so absurd. He put us on the stock market, wiped the debt and got Spurs to be 14th richest in the world in under 5 years. That was pretty incredible back then

As for fans there are deluded fans everywhere. You can go across every footy forum and quote some gems or cap some dodgy phone in calls of fans living in the past. I don't really understand painting fans with the same brush
It is the way of the internet.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Yup and ten years later when we were splashing huge on Andy Morrison for £50,000 they were bringing in the likes of Dean Richards, Ziege, Poyet and Rebrov... looking at those i think we got the best deal however... and even when we were promoted and Keegan spent around what they spent for a year or 2, when they carried on spending we had a net transfer of minus £20m over 5 years, when Spurs were signing Berbatov we couldnt afford Mido on a free... but as most modern football fans cant remember more than a season, we have bought any success we have had and will have, despite having more home grown players in our first team squad than Spurs do... but we are buying our success they havent of course... dont let the truth get in the way of a good story...
Urgh dragging up the memory of the badge kissing incident. I hope we sign Modric to avenge that saga.

like cockney rags they are.

had banter with one recently regarding us potentially signing nasri & clichy, usual bile that we are ruining football and when in history would any arsenal first teamer leave them for ickle city. i pointed out that 2 years ago we signed ade and kolo from the arse, the cockney muppet went mental going on about the 1950's, wolves and the busby babes.

in the end i told him his club were a feeder for the rags and his shit history meant nothing as the future was ours. funny thing is, as a spuds fan you'd expect he'd be happy that arsenal were on the brink of becoming weakened, especialy if fabregas leaves too, but the muppet was too blinkered by his jealousy of city to see that!

Pigeonho said:
Some very bitter Spurs fans around at present. Saggers and Quinn did a phone in about next seasons top 4, and how its more than likely that there will be only one team in it from London come the end of the season, (chelsea). Arsenal fans came on and gave a good arguement for themselves but spurs fans! Well let's just say they are very, very bitter! 'What have man city got that we haven't?' 'even if we sell modric our team is more gelled than city's, Liverpools, Chelsea's and united's', were just some of the rants! Very amusing stuff.
Champions League football? The FA Cup? A good defence? A good striker? No over-rated players?

Thick Spurs twat.

MCFC BOB said:
Pigeonho said:
Some very bitter Spurs fans around at present. Saggers and Quinn did a phone in about next seasons top 4, and how its more than likely that there will be only one team in it from London come the end of the season, (chelsea). Arsenal fans came on and gave a good arguement for themselves but spurs fans! Well let's just say they are very, very bitter! 'What have man city got that we haven't?' 'even if we sell modric our team is more gelled than city's, Liverpools, Chelsea's and united's', were just some of the rants! Very amusing stuff.
Champions League football? The FA Cup? A good defence? A good striker? No over-rated players?

Thick Spurs twat.

A manager who isn't going to jail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.