Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

The truth about this is that despite video evidence and Llorente now admitting he handballed it, the short careers of a team of young guys are now disfigured forever.

That old chestnut, what about his two single goal winners? There are many many other moments over the course of the season that will define whether we will win the league.

And probably some over the next 5 games.

Mahrez has not lived up to expectations but the way he is being made a scapegoat by so many is quite pathetic in my opinion.

Team game....CTID

I didn’t say Mahrez is to blame if we don’t win the league, but the two penalty misses were key moments and have had major impacts. I actually think our inability to defend at key times is s bigger problem

I'm level with the goal area line. Clear and fuckin' obvious that the guy was offside. Shouldn't have been an issue for the lino. Why, when Son goes for the ball, clearly and obviously interfering with play we don't get an immediate flag as we were getting from the lino on the other side, particularly in the second half, whenever we crept offside! VAR is used selectively in the CL and it clearly and obviously doesn't reflect what actually happened. Haringey benefit from an offside position which should have been flagged and wasn't and then go on to score. We score, don't get flagged, but the goal is chalked off. It's an incredible state of affairs and I can only think that the more Uefa fuck about with VAR it's gonna get worse and not better.

He wasn’t offside. In fact it wasn’t even close, Walker the usual culprit played him on by a good two yards.

The truth about this is that despite video evidence and Llorente now admitting he handballed it, the short careers of a team of young guys are now disfigured forever.
I’m not having that, they are gutted but these are well trained well drilled professionals and that which does kills makes one stronger. Expect a more focused more determined group of young men next season. Bayern bounced back pretty well from the lucky 1999 rags.

At the end of the game last night, I turned to the guy next to me and simply said I feel so proud to be a blue and so fortunate to witness such a terrific game. Yes, the result stings, but with a game coming up so soon afterwards, our focus should be forwards, not back imo
We all felt that pride and our fans were chanting for our team. We as fans (well some of us anyway) aren’t training or focusing on the next game - our players do that. I don’t think my focus will sharpen up until I set off for the game. When I arrive at the stadium I’ll get in the zone.

Well, twenty four hours on and having listened to the debate, watched the videos, cast an ear in the direction of 'learned' pundits, read the scribblings of the RDAHMeedya third rate hacks and having the most perfect knowledge of the LotG among that happy throng of FOCs from CBL3, I have come to an appropriate conclusion - we were screwed over!!
What did they say about var on the debate last.night? Couldn't bring myself to watch it

I’m not having that, they are gutted but these are well trained well drilled professionals and that which does kills makes one stronger. Expect a more focused more determined group of young men next season. Bayern bounced back pretty well from the lucky 1999 rags.
We may have beaten Ajax, who knows ? If we got through to the final and playing Barca, we would have been the underdogs, which would have suited us. But a year’s a long time in football - a lot can happen in a year - both good and bad. We have the second youngest team in the Prem, but we also have a layer of players well into their thirties of whom some will play far fewer games.

What did they say about var on the debate last.night? Couldn't bring myself to watch it

Burley for one was adamant that had the ref seen the view from behind the goal he would have chalked off the Llorente goal!! Same as me. Had I been reffing and seen it all I would have been over and given the line the mother of all fuckin' bollockings for not flagging the offside that led to Corner I. In that way you avoid the contention of a handball goal being given erroneously!!

We may have beaten Ajax, who knows ? If we got through to the final and playing Barca, we would have been the underdogs, which would have suited us. But a year’s a long time in football - a lot can happen in a year - both good and bad. We have the second youngest team in the Prem, but we also have a layer of players well into their thirties of whom some will play far fewer games.
Exactly, we could have won, we didn’t, we now need to concentrate on the domestic treble and we go again next season. Young or old our players will be better for the experience, not worst.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.