Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Trouble is with Pep I see no guarantee that next year at CL quarterfinals we wont make defensive errrs costing us the semis again.. I dont think we learned our lesson from Monaco and Liverpool games and Spurs just repeated and copied these teams.

Thing is we have to win the league to get a good and easy CL group as only Champions get Pot 1 at the draw. Pot 2 clubs can end up horrific groups as one Champions will be there out of Juve, Barca, PSG and German Champion plus CL winner maybe.

You do realise the defensive errors that cost us had little to do with how Pep sets the team up or tactics? There's very little Pep can do when his best players have moments where they screw up.

We controlled the game well at Spurs and were on top when Delph, Gundo and Ederson all had moments of failure.

I've not watched it back but you could put the first Spur's goal this week down in part to how we play but Laporte should have ended that move and what he was doing on their second is I'm sure something that will haunt him (but he needs to put behind him fast).

The players have to perform in the big moments and sometimes they don't, which is why no team wins everything. This elimination, we were not defeated over two legs, was so marginal. The team is progressing but it's the players who have to get over the hurdles that the UCL has presented us.

i think Utd will show us their belly come the derby day.

Spurs is the match we need to win to win the league... i know there's still a little way to go, but we beat Spurs on Saturday and i think the job is done.

Without the focus of CL, we can just get the job done. The Champions League is the biggest hurdle for any team.

But the rest of the season is City Blue :)

We need to win all five games and they will all be tough but Spurs is the only one that matters at this point.

i think Utd will show us their belly come the derby day.

Spurs is the match we need to win to win the league... i know there's still a little way to go, but we beat Spurs on Saturday and i think the job is done.

Without the focus of CL, we can just get the job done. The Champions League is the biggest hurdle for any team.

But the rest of the season is City Blue :)

Job isnt done till Brighton. Last thing we need is complacency which we can fall prey to.

Good thing though is that players are accustomed to effort required in the run in, so i doubt they will be complacent especially after CL loss

only today had the heart to watch the highlights as the journey back Wednesday night was a very let's say shit and not much talking as was yesterday but yes we lost but we showed alot of spirit and did everything we could to win that game but a defensive mistake and VAR ruined that. so we move on to tomorrow's game so please city smash these fuckers then the same again against the Rags and let's win this league

Thing is we cant even blame injuries we had a fully fit squad except Zinchenko maybe.

They had Kane out and then Sissoko got injured first half also Alli played with some broken finger or arm.

We ripped them apart so well in the PL game at Wembley earlier. I wish the CL game was at Wembley too imo it could have been a help for us instead of a complete new stadium which was rocking as their first huge game in that stadium.

totally agree about the new stadium tbh I think they planned it that way, brand spanking new stadium for the Quarters... Perfect. It certainly played into the whole load of bad luck we have had aroun d this tie in the last few seasons. Nonetheless we're there, we will get the luck some time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.