Spurs (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

We're all blues.

Pep made a rallying cry that the club, fans and players need to pick up their act and be together.

I know what you're saying. Some, including myself, can be pessimistic but we're all fans of this great club so lets not call each other out.

Come on City!!
Can't give this enough likes. We're not a cult like down the ship canal.

First half the players were different from recent games and maybe there was slight tweaks in formation but the same basic problems still existed. we pass very slowly from side to side waiting for a gap, we eventually feed the wingers and they decide to instantly cut inside negating the space we've just spent 3-4 minutes working for them and then they pass it backwards and we start again. Rinse and repeat all half and we create fuck all.

Second half we didn't even start much better in truth but assoon as we got that first goal we found that intensity we've lacked for most of the season and it was game on. we played everything significantly quicker, the spaces became bigger because of it and the wingers, well mahrez, did something with the ball and the chances started coming. Two very simple changes to our game result in two very different performances.

In a way, the way we won that tonight might do us a world of good. A loss tonight and the title was done, the gap wouldn't have been irrecoverable but the mentality and momentum change drastically, we hit a slump and arsenal have a huge safety net with no pressure. Now we have an opportunity to start churning out result and ask questions of Arsenal for the first time, I thoroughly believe they'll capitulate if we get on a run that mounts serious pressure, Liverpool couldn't handle it in recent years and they were twice the team this arsenal side are.

This win could and really should galvanise the squad, put some fire into their bellies, and I fully expect us to play with that intensity from the off against Wolves otherwise its pointless. there's 6 players in that squad that haven't won the league yet, complacency shouldn't be a thing.

Also, if you were at the game and saw the players reaction afterwards you'll see they were every bit as pumped up as the fans, any talk of dressing room unrest appears to be total horseshit, the players that didn't get on tonight were buzzing at the end with the players that played.

First half the players were different from recent games and maybe there was slight tweaks in formation but the same basic problems still existed. we pass very slowly from side to side waiting for a gap, we eventually feed the wingers and they decide to instantly cut inside negating the space we've just spent 3-4 minutes working for them and then they pass it backwards and we start again. Rinse and repeat all half and we create fuck all.

Second half we didn't even start much better in truth but assoon as we got that first goal we found that intensity we've lacked for most of the season and it was game on. we played everything significantly quicker, the spaces became bigger because of it and the wingers, well mahrez, did something with the ball and the chances started coming. Two very simple changes to our game result in two very different performances.

In a way, the way we won that tonight might do us a world of good. A loss tonight and the title was done, the gap wouldn't have been irrecoverable but the mentality and momentum change drastically, we hit a slump and arsenal have a huge safety net with no pressure. Now we have an opportunity to start churning out result and ask questions of Arsenal for the first time, I thoroughly believe they'll capitulate if we get on a run that mounts serious pressure, Liverpool couldn't handle it in recent years and they were twice the team this arsenal side are.

This win could and really should galvanise the squad, put some fire into their bellies, and I fully expect us to play with that intensity from the off against Wolves otherwise its pointless. there's 6 players in that squad that haven't won the league yet, complacency shouldn't be a thing.

Also, if you were at the game and saw the players reaction afterwards you'll see they were every bit as pumped up as the fans, any talk of dressing room unrest appears to be total horseshit, the players that didn't get on tonight were buzzing at the end with the players that played.
second half was great...............Players and fans were well up for a comeback

I thought we were ok in the first half - not great, but ok - until we gave them 2 soft goals right before HT. We then looked out on our feet going off. Never thought we had it us to come back given who were were playing and our recent poor form and actually not sure we were THAT good in the second half but as soon as the first one went in we had all the momentum. Scoring again to draw level with so much of the game left and then Rico's block from Perisic proved vital. Mahrez with his right foot (at least he backs himself to score) and then a lovely chip to seal the points.
Great fightback City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.