Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

We’ve been here before haven’t we?

We look a bit leggy, a bit out of sorts, missing top players and things ain’t quite going for us. Some poor performances in unlikely areas and we get punished. It’s football, it happens. What matters is how we react.
Pep questioned our desire last year and got the answer he wanted. Don’t ever write this club off.

Just a quick word on the ref. He got the advantage correct initially. What happens next is anyone’s guess. I’d like to know why he blew when he did and for what reason. Maybe well the token apology from Webb.
It happens but cant recall us shipping as many goals and having as little control on games as this before under pep excluding his first season. From a defensive standpoint we're an absolute shambles, not helped by the fact rodri looks knackered having to carry a midfield in which alvarez is supposed to be playing in.

And I know we've been saying this for 15 months but for fucks sake how difficult is it to hoof the ball forward to Haaland just like occasionally. Without Kev on the pitch, the poor sod must be so pissed off. Time and time again he's on the shoulder of the last defender and all we have to do is hoof it to him and no-one does it. Foden tried one pass and I didn't see anyone else. We have the best striker in world football against a makeshift defense playing a high line. Does my head in.

Whilst it isn't unusual for us to be sloppy at this stage of a season, it does feel strange to be dropping so many points from positive positions. A late goal cost us a point at Arsenal, and then we concede late against Chelsea, Liverpool and now Spurs to drop a total of 6pts in those games. Considering we are 3pts off top, those are crucial and it is very unlike us to be so poor at managing the game and seeing it out.

A mix of mentality and mindset, which we expect to improve in the new year but probably need it to sooner.

Without Rodri, Villa becomes a bigger challenge. And it feels like one we have to win. We could have a couple of games in hand when back from the club world cup so need to win all of our games up to then to keep the pressure on.
Think we took 12 points from them games last season too didn’t we? 3 from them this season. Think we need to start one of our runs soon.

Make no mistake about it.
Arsenal doesnt lose points to this injury plagued Tottenham side. Liverpool doesnt, Chelsea doesnt, Newcastle doesnt, United doesnt, Villa doesnt, Brentford doesnt, Brighton doesnt.

We are a shambles at the moment and Pep needs to fucking wake up. I have given us a lot off leeway this season because we usually kick on after Christmas but the last week has ben unforgiveable. Two home games against a shite Liverpool and a even shittier suicidal Tottenham with a overrated naive clown manager thrown away because off fucking stubborness.

Not even crying about the overweight piece of shit referee. Does anyone really believe Grealish would have done anything on his own in that situation? He already killed the ball dead himself looking to turn backwards when their keeper were asking to get lobbed.

We will probably get better, so fuck it. But never in my wildest imagination would I think this team would sink low enough to not beat this fucking Tottenham side. And thank fuck for signing Matheus Nunes, what a superb signing. Who would have thought a nothing midfielder that did fuck all for Wolves would struggle to impose himself in a treble winning squad.

Also Haaland need fucking dropping. If you miss sitters you cant be on the pitch when you are as limited as him. Only problem is that Alvarez needs fucking dropping as well. Take me back to having Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli as options, fuck me
TOSSER OF THE WEEK.

Sick and tired of the negativity around City and football at the moment.

So we battered Spurs overall but dropped a bollock and they got a stuffy result. Water's wet. It happens basically every year and will happen every year until the end of time. We've been cursed against them since Tommy Hutch's own goal in 81 and it won't change now. Yeah the ref's decision at the end was mental but do we have to cry corruption every time this happens? By my count that's now City, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, and Wolves who have all been direct targets of the PL's corruption this season. Makes you wonder why the fuck we bother turning up. What happened to just taking a bad day the office on the chin and accepting that shit happens? Why must every mistake be followed by this kind of outrage and demand for accountability. And I don't just mean today, I mean everyone - Arteta sending letters to the FA and Klopp asking for games to be replayed, Everton fans turning up with big pink cards saying CORRUPT on them. It's all so fucking pathetic. If VAR has shown anything it's that half of refereeing decisions can't be 100% explained and that all we're doing by going to VAR all the time is heading off on in pursuit of an answer that doesn't exist.

Just can't be arsed getting all frustrated and angry about the performance today or the ref being a jobsworth. Yeah we're a bit porous at the back at the moment but Spurs gave us a good game and we've got key lads missing in the middle. That's always a recipe for a bit of a disjointed display. But Pep's a problem solver, he's made a living off it, and if he doesn't solve the defensive issues this season then he'll solve it next season. In the meantime can we not, as a fanbase, just bask in the glory of last season for a bit and cut the lads a bit of slack? Reflect on what we achieved, understand that only one other team in English football history has ever done what we did last season. The players obviously have to stay switched on because it's their job but it's not always possible. Feels like in the summer it was broadly accepted among City fans that winning the treble and going all the way in three comps would take it out of the lads and make this season a tough one, but all that's gone out the window cos of a couple of naff performances? It's made me a bit sad and disillusioned with some City fans really. It's shite from the lot of us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.