Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Whilst it isn't unusual for us to be sloppy at this stage of a season, it does feel strange to be dropping so many points from positive positions. A late goal cost us a point at Arsenal, and then we concede late against Chelsea, Liverpool and now Spurs to drop a total of 6pts in those games. Considering we are 3pts off top, those are crucial and it is very unlike us to be so poor at managing the game and seeing it out.

A mix of mentality and mindset, which we expect to improve in the new year but probably need it to sooner.

Without Rodri, Villa becomes a bigger challenge. And it feels like one we have to win. We could have a couple of games in hand when back from the club world cup so need to win all of our games up to then to keep the pressure on.

Chelsea, Liverpool & today v spurs all on pep. I have no idea why he thinks we can play with no midfield. Alvarez should not be starting any of these games over an extra midfielder ie Lewis or Kova. Alvarez looks lost he’s in no man’s land helping nobody.

We have dropped points due to huge gaps in midfield & constantly trying to score rather than managing games out.

Rodri is our only midfielder yet he spends more time edge of our box or the opposition box whilst expecting akanji to step into midfield. It does not work with counter attacking teams

Rodri needs to stay central breaking play up with somebody with energy around him. Sticking foden or Bernie outwide leaving Rodri alone is insane.

We are better than every team we have played so far but tactics have dropped us points nothing else for me.

We can win the lot when KDB is back.

I was saying the same until very recently — Stones and De Bruyne back — but when I now read that we can expect him in February, or even March, rather than January, I'm not at all sure that our rivals won't be pretty far away by that point.
As it is, I see that very soon Liverpool have got Sheffield United (drubbing nailed on), Arsenal have got Luton (drubbing nailed on), and we've got Aston Villa — we could win it, but it's going to be tricky. Villa's home record is very different to their away one. Look, if we're on it, we beat anyone whatsoever. But who in all honesty can really pretend that we're on it, at present?

Just back from the game, dont know where to start... shambolic one sided refereeing performance again (which is being too kind) but what else do we really expect with the target we have on our heads at the moment? Cant put it down to anything else but corruption, happy to argue with anyone who thinks otherwise after that performance today.

Opposing teams have to do very little to score against us. Our back 4 no longer seem like they want to defend, Dias form dropped off the edge of a cliff, akanji even at his best has a horrific mistake in him, walker looks like legs might be catching up with him (what was he doing allowing the cross for their 3rd?), gvardiol still adapting and being shoe horned in at left back. Every goal conceded was absolutely criminal from a defensive point of view.

We know Haaland doesnt offer a lot in general play and this is now being backed up by Alvarez who is a complete ghost in wherever hes meant to be playing. Its like playing with 9 at times. Continually making the wrong runs, never there as an option to pass for wide players and everything missing him out going forward or backward.

Think today shows we might need to lower expectations this season, 12 points from our last 8 league games and the volume of goals being conceded is beyond worrying. Yes KDB and stones have missed a large portion of the season but other teams have big injuries too as our opponents had today.
Just think if we'd had as many injuries as Spurs and played them, we'd have got battered

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.