Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Agreed, the league is not over, not by a long way. Yep, we're playing ridiculously good, but the 2-1s we had recently could very easily have been draws - I know they weren't, but that's how close the margins are. I'll gloat round about the end of April if we have an 11 point lead.
I’m hoping not to gloat at all, because that’s what Rags do ;-) but I will enjoy the run in if we are still well ahead and playing football like this. It would also be nice to get a few days away at Wembley and win some silverware.

However, as of today, we are playing very well, breaking records, but have NOTHING in the silverware cabinet. I hear other team’s supporters say it, and while I don’t like to hear it when I see what we are producing on the field, they don’t award silverware for performances like Saturday’s until the end of the season...if you’ve done it enough over a long enough period of time.

4 games to go, 12 points ahead, (or 3/9, 2/6, 1/3) and I’ll be ECSTATIC! Until then, nose to the grindstone, because during the second half of the season we are going to have 19 teams trying to fuck us over.

Mourinho has played that way for years, and got results. He just knows how to do it. Buys big players, and pays a lot of money for them. Regardless of the stick Lukaku gets, he's worth a fair few points with the goals he scores, especially against the lower teams, as they've got defenders who just can't handle him. With his goals, they'll finish top four, so the £77m is well spent.

It's boring, but it gets results. Any other season they might even be leading the table, or at least be a lot closer to the leaders. Nothing to do with the league being weak, we're just ridiculously good.

Spot on.

Well said. Reiterates what many of us said at the beginning of the season...they were always going to be there or thereabouts, especially with the purchases they have made over the last few years and a manager who knows how to get a win.

Personally, I think the League is FAR from over. We have had an amazing run, but it simply cannot continue. I’ve been concerned about key injuries...a hamstring is four to six weeks, a fracture/break is double that especially if it is the ankle or low on the leg, and a calf or thigh can be the rest of the season from here (4 months)...to key players. We have a small squad and are still in FOUR competitions, which means playing every 3 days for the rest of the season. Some players need rest or they WILL get fatigue injuries. And, as we have seen from this weekend, and sad as it is, there are some teams and players who will look to damage us when things are not going their way.

I wouldn't put anything past this team but the only way to proceed is one game at a time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.