Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

my remark about two human beings seeing the same incident yet having two different opinions/versions of it wasnt really related to the penalty incident....it was a general observation and information.

I know that there is also a lot of posters/fans who believe that there re a number of agendas at differnet levels .......do I think there is an agenda within the media - yes absolutely - if you are talking about corrupt then there is no one more guilty than the media (or politicians!!).....Is there an agenda within the higher levels of football to stop our progress...yes I belive there is motivaed by a number of factors....maintaining the status quo and also possibly racism

I agree on Swarbrick - trying to defend the defenceless - this just compunds the problem and the calls of corruption/cheating etc

Do i belive it filters down into/onto the pitch . on match day - no i dont

That last bit goes hand in hand with everything you have written above it.

I’m really not sure where you are with this. If it’s as simple as it ‘doesn’t filter to the pitch’ then there is little hope here for you.

If there is corruption at the top then it absolutely comes down to ground level, because that is the biggest driver of the top end.

If you are suggesting there is corruption in football then how can it possibly not be happening on the pitch, you know, where the actual game is played?

Oh so it's an international cartel working against City?
Are they just football fans that support all clubs except City, or more likely for financial gain?
I think the Champions League final is the biggest stage to be on in club football, and around the biggest stage you would expect this international cartel to operate - but wouldn't expect you to understand.

:P
You state cartel mockingly, when it only highlights your lack of knowledge if anything. When people use that term in football, they are obviously referring to the G14 clubs or more simply put, the old elite who want protected status. Those clubs with ex executives at the top tables of UEFA and the FA. Those who pushed UEFA to let them hijack FFP and weaponise it to protect the status quo. Which in turn made it very little to do with club debt like it was originally intended.

How much influence they actually have and whether VAR has anything to do with it is up for debate but not their existence.

No mate I know your two human beings thing wasn’t specific but a generalisation, I Thought I’d use it in the literal sense to point out the irony of it. Those two were probably the only two human beings on the planet to view it as they did. Does it filter down? Can’t answer that, but I fail to see where officials get their super human ability to ignore mob rule like most other folk. I started to feel something wasn’t quite right about two seasons ago. Could ignore it no longer. If there’s a higher echelon that is out to stop or slow Manchester City’s progress, I fail to see how that wouldn’t filter to the subordinates of the game, the officials. I want to believe you, really I do, level playing field, fair rules, but it’s just not cricket. Something is rotten. Anyway, I appreciate your views and it’s not easy playing devils advocate, but I can’t stop this feeling there’s something very wrong. My boss ( a Leeds fan, my Dad god rest him was one ) walked into work Monday and his first words “ was VAR brought in to personally shaft Manchester City? It’s ridiculous!” Not sure if that makes me feel better or worse. Anyway enough. Night all.

cheers for your reply.....

Maybe i just want to believe that individual people want to keep the sport pure (though you could argue its so far away from being pure with all the money,agents etct hat is in it already) but at the pitch level on a Saturday afternoon do i belive their are brown envelopes with wads of cash being passed to officials to make dodgy calls against us...no i dont....

Do i think they have tried to screw us (and PSG) at the higher levels with FFP - yes clearly they have

Ive seen so many bad calls against us but they do happen in other matches against other teams as well - mistakes are part of the game - its human nature to fuck things up...I know the likes of Pep et al were in favour of VAR but maybe Im old fashioned and my job isnt on the line with millions of punds at stake with one bad/wrong call...but i wasnt for VAR - I didnt want the game to become stop start. I dont want every decision poured over in minute detail as it takes away from the purity and beauty of the game/skill that is on show.....we end up talking about VAR instead of looking at the skill of Aguero, KDB and Bernardo Silva and players on the opponents side as well.....With VAR its all too robotic/clinical.

cheers for your reply.....

Maybe i just want to believe that individual people want to keep the sport pure (though you could argue its so far away from being pure with all the money,agents etct hat is in it already) but at the pitch level on a Saturday afternoon do i belive their are brown envelopes with wads of cash being passed to officials to make dodgy calls against us...no i dont....

Do i think they have tried to screw us (and PSG) at the higher levels with FFP - yes clearly they have

Ive seen so many bad calls against us but they do happen in other matches against other teams as well - mistakes are part of the game - its human nature to fuck things up...I know the likes of Pep et al were in favour of VAR but maybe Im old fashioned and my job isnt on the line with millions of punds at stake with one bad/wrong call...but i wasnt for VAR - I didnt want the game to become stop start. I dont want every decision poured over in minute detail as it takes away from the purity and beauty of the game/skill that is on show.....we end up talking about VAR instead of looking at the skill of Aguero, KDB and Bernardo Silva and players on the opponents side as well.....With VAR its all too robotic/clinical.

I've followed your exchanges with those who believe that VAR and the refs are explicitly out to attack City and stop us from dominating the league anew, and by and large I'm more on your side of interpreting things than theirs. That said, a rank injustice was inflicted on us last Saturday, and the length of this thread (I don't recollect seeing a postmatch thread even close to this one in volume of pages) reflects that. People were very, very angry coming out of the stadium. I was myself. Still am, come to that. Despite your general analysis, which I broadly go along with, the foul given against Bernardo is downright inexplicable. It's a relatively minor point, since he wasn't in a goalscoring situation. He was out on the wing. So let it go. But the non-foul given on Rodri, which absolutely everybody saw, is far more disturbing in its implications. That was a penalty.
The game's gone, we played brilliantly and played Spurs off the park, didn't get our rewards for it. We have to move on, now. There's Bournemouth to deal with. But I shall be watching very closely how VAR is applied across the league from here on in, and at the general standard of refereeing, especially as applied to our direct rivals.

I've followed your exchanges with those who believe that VAR and the refs are explicitly out to attack City and stop us from dominating the league anew, and by and large I'm more on your side of interpreting things than theirs. That said, a rank injustice was inflicted on us last Saturday, and the length of this thread (I don't recollect seeing a postmatch thread even close to this one in volume of pages) reflects that. People were very, very angry coming out of the stadium. I was myself. Still am, come to that. Despite your general analysis, which I broadly go along with, the foul given against Bernardo is downright inexplicable. It's a relatively minor point, since he wasn't in a goalscoring situation. He was out on the wing. So let it go. But the non-foul given on Rodri, which absolutely everybody saw, is far more disturbing in its implications. That was a penalty.
The game's gone, we played brilliantly and played Spurs off the park, didn't get our rewards for it. We have to move on, now. There's Bournemouth to deal with. But I shall be watching very closely how VAR is applied across the league from here on in, and at the general standard of refereeing, especially as applied to our direct rivals.

And also the pull back on Sergio in the same sequence of play. It was TWO separate penalties in one.

I've followed your exchanges with those who believe that VAR and the refs are explicitly out to attack City and stop us from dominating the league anew, and by and large I'm more on your side of interpreting things than theirs. That said, a rank injustice was inflicted on us last Saturday, and the length of this thread (I don't recollect seeing a postmatch thread even close to this one in volume of pages) reflects that. People were very, very angry coming out of the stadium. I was myself. Still am, come to that. Despite your analysis, which I broadly go along with, the foul given against Bernardo is downright inexplicable. It's a relatively minor point, since he wasn't in a goalscoring situation. He was out on the wing. So let it go. But the non-foul given on Rodri, which absolutely everybody saw, is far more disturbing in its implications. That was a penalty.

I absolutely agree that there were some terrible decisions by either the ref on the pitch or those in charge of VAR....It was a stone wall penalty on Rodri in the first half and the foul on Bernardo Silva which was given the other way was one of the most unbelivelably bad decisions Ive ever seen (though the spurs fan on here hsa pointed out why the foul was given and i can see what the point in the incident that he is talking about, but that aint a foul at any level of the game...its two players going for the same ball)

I agree, we played spurs off the park. Part of the reason we ddint get the result we deserved however wasalso the final ball and wasted chances infront of goal along with a mistake by Eddie for the first goal (as well as Gundo letting lamela just walk off him in the middle of the park but thats not the first time!).

Like you, ill be watching closely in other games how VAR is applied and Im open to the fact that decisions might go ther other way in other games - is this cause of cheating/corruption or is this cause of different views on things like fouls however.....a lot of people on here need to keep that in mind before crying/calling corruption.....

What can be set in absolute stone (and is still unclear) is the processes around VAR...when and how it is to be used - the line clear and obvious error doesnt help i dont tihink....I believe it should review all decisions based around sending offs/red cards, goals, offsides and potential penalty claims regardless fo whether people beli3ve that there has been an error....and what they need to make sure (which has been alluded to by some pundits) is that the VAR refs are not afraid/are stronger if they feel the need to over rule the ref.....I dont think this should be seen as a bad thing....of course one person in the middle of the park isnt going to be able to see everything especially at the speed the game moves at..... . so if he/she misses something it shouldnt be seen as a point to criticise them...but this is where VAR should be helpful and come in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.