Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Putting Var aside, we missed sitters and let in two soft goals. Christ they only attacked us twice. Put it down to rustiness but it was a very disappointing result. I need to see the recording but I thought Kyle and Laporte played well as did Gabby when he came on. Kev was very good in first half as was Raz. Both faded badly in second. Mahrez was poor when he came on and it could have cost us.

Spot on kdb was puffing after 70 mins and should have come off for silva.

How can we change VAR? How do we affect the people responsible? How do we make them understand that the current system is unacceptable? Ten voices will not exactly be enough. A fucking movement is needed to get their attention because this is turning into a real problem for the sport, but that's not the worst part.

The worst part is that VAR has stopped City in three very narrow situations three times in the past month, almost like the system is there only for us. I genuinely believe that Michael Oliver wouldn't have the balls to disallow a similar goal for Liverpool if he was a referee at Anfield, or even Old Trafford, since the atmosphere is famous for being hostile. The worst part is that this system looks corrupt and its only reason for existing is to affect the game based on interest from powerful people.

We put àway a chance and it was disallowed. Who's to say the other chances would have stood??

That aside, us match going fans are disregarded with var. We celebrated thinking no way offside. Stopped to check and nothing! Celebrated more! Then disallowed.

I was a var supporter, but I was wrong. Its ruined the game. I look forward to going this season for the relationships and social side of things, but football is fucked and corrupt.

I think spurs fans love var

I remember being at a fans forum years ago when Stuart Pearce was our manager, somebody asked him how he felt about technology and video replays coming in to football, he was strongly against it and said it would ruin the game(some would say not as much as his football did but that's another story...).

Anyway he was bang on. I didn't celebrate the first two goals too much just in case, the 3rd goal I went mental. That will teach me. Last minute winners are one of the best feelings you can have as a football fan, that has now gone forever.

Thank fuck 93:20 happened before VAR. Can you imagine, in 20 years time watching back our greatest ever moment, seeing all the celebrations, Joe Hart, Mancini going mad etc, then everything stops for a minute while VAR checks the goal, it would have ruined it forever.

I transported myself to a parallel universe to think about your last paragraph and got chills all over.

Honestly, I reckon the match officials would've been killed (literally) if that goal was ever to be overturned.

Poor subs by Pep for me . Sterling was ineffective in the 2nd half and Mahrez should have come on at 60 minutes . Mahrez is not a late impact sub minute . David is not at the races nowadays and to come on as a sub won't help the side unless we are 3 up.

Sadly I agree with you on David

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.