Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

I really don't think it's a stretch to suggest Kane, Son et al. will try harder and be more difficult to beat when they have the chance to win a first trophy.

We beat Wigan in the league twice in 2012/13 without conceding a goal.
this team isn't trying to get rid of the manager though

I'm going to be controversial and say that I still rate Mourinho.

Firstly, people are quick to dismiss his time at United. I'm sure he didn't want Pogba - and neither did Ferguson. He was a distraction and there was no disgrace finishing 2nd to that City team - one of the best of all time. He won the Europa League, Carabao Cup and got them into the CL spots. Given the job that Gollum did on that team, I'd call that some success. He wanted to buy Maguire for £60m and fell out with the board and they went and spent £85m on him a year later. Regardless of your views on Maguire, Mourinho spotted a "gem" (Pep wanted him too) and could've got him for far less.

When he went to Spurs, they were a team who'd overachieved with Pochettino. They ran Leicester close in the league and go to a CL final and that was a phenomenal achievement for them. The board didn't invest in the team and the season after they were so poor they were near the relegation spots when Mourinho took over. That was a team that was seriously on the slide. If the board don't back the manager, I can't think of any team that does well as a result. I was surprised Mourinho went to Spurs as firstly they don't play his style (Pocchetino is an attacking, flair manager)- and they won't pay big money. Mourinho knows what good players look like - he's signed plenty of top class ones over the years.

I think it's harsh to judge managers on this season as it's so unlike other seasons. Excluding City, there's around 10 teams trying to get into the top 4. They can't all be in it.

The guys won titles in England, Spain, Italy and Portugal. He's won domestic cups, the Europa League and 2 Champions Leagues. His record is pretty much only bettered by Pep. It's telling that Spurs are the only team he's managed and not won multiple trophies.

Of course, his mouth lets him down but I do think when Spurs sack him they will find that the next manager won't take them much higher.
Terrible man manager and an utter bell end. His comments after today’s game reflect the sort of person he is. Shame he still isn’t at the scum as they both go well together

PEP We will see tomorrow [Gundogan]. He told me it was tight. He is intelligent to say it but we will see tomorrow.

Tight. I’ll take that, maybe not a strain. Rest Wednesday and good to go hopefully.
Sounds more like precaution. Wouod prefer him to sit out Wednesday just to be safe. Prefer him out for one game that be missing for two months risking him.

Where would you put Mourinho in a list of PL managers these days?

I think Spurs would be doing better with Pep, Klopp, Rodgers, Ancelotti, Bielsa, Dean Smith, Potter, Hassenhuttl, Tuchel, Moyes and Nuno.

IMO on current ability that makes him the 12th best coach in the league. And to be honest, I'm probably doing Chris Wilder as disservice because I think he's a twat.

Arteta is very difficult to assess, he's not doing well but Arsenal needed such a big overhaul, and he has won 2 trophies.

Dyche, Hodgson, Bruce, Parker, Allardyce and OGS are worse, definitely.
Well Dom I think you could be right that Spuds might be better with the ones you mentioned. Just one question for you, who would be the goalie;-]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.