Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

I was fucking nervous, watched the game standing in front of the muted telly while listening to me ipod loaded music; and I just could take a seat after it went 3 nil. I was dreading the customary dives of one St Harry of Totteringham, or the Son runs; but save for one splash in front of Laporte, he was superbly controlled by our defence.

Sir Zinchenko take a bow. The lad's grown offering safety and clear passing in spades. Still dithers a bit sometimes, but I may state that our left full back conundrum is resolved. And is Gündo better than KdB? at least the results back this, but who the fuck really cares.

Pep's City 3.0 don't rely on galácticos nor overhyped players, it is fucking team work, and he's made it look so, so simple.

Chuffed.

Likely against the grain on here but my opinion is that we are a better team without Sergio. Given the amount of goals he scores, that sounds like an irrational argument and we have scored less this season than previous ones at this point.

That said I believe we have more fluidity across the front 3, the interchanging is quite incredible and I think consequentially we defend better as a team, and are therefore winning more football matches whilst scoring significantly less goals. We are winning the ball higher up the pitch and there were a couple examples today where Jesus was effectively a midfield player.

That’s no slight on Sergio, he is an incredible football player and would compliment any team on the planet, but fitting him in would require a system change and I believe that could well hurt us.
Sergio is a football deity. He will be gently eased back and when match fit will probably start cup games - not that there's too many left. Big role in the CL. Kevin will be eased back - no need to push him back in early. We can play several formations. With Kevin there's that dynamic surge from deep. Without him, our attack is more gradual.

The Ederson assist - he just chipped it from a standing position. Loads of Prem players would struggle to launch it that far from a run up. And the laser precision accuracy. Unreal.
Imagine if he had taken the penalty.
A goal , an assist and a clean sheet.
If you had him as treble captain in fantasy football league and it also being a double game week for City, you'd have the competition won.

Raheem is right back to his best now. Hugging the touchline - until the ball arrives and he's running into the box - left to right, right to left, diagonally.

I'm thinking about setting up a GoFundMe page for Sanchez to send him to Lourdes, 2 broken ankles and a mouthful of turf from one turn by Mr Whippy. Poor bastard

Where I live every house on the row is a fucking Spurs house. When we scored the third me and our kid were jumping up and down shouting (as we do) and I messaged him asking if he heard that.

He said no, so I opened the back door and stood in the garden and as loud as we could me and the kid just shouted ‘Come on City’.

Text him back ‘What about now?’

Not heard a word since.

Can't believe I was kinda nervous going into this game.

Absolutely destroyed them. Son and Kane didn't get a sniff.

16 on the trot, 11 in the Prem. Lovely stuff. On to Wednesday and Everton, this will be our game in hand out of the way, so it's very important we win this game too.

Sidenote, Sky Sports commentary was awful, felt like half the game was spent in a mix of silence and Martin Tyler breathing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.