Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

Stings so much getting beat doesn’t it?? :-(

I had forgotten what it was like.
In the 90s (and a fair part of the 80s), I'd forget what winning was like.
This is a brilliant team, and it hasn't suddenly become not one because Kane turned in a performance that is way above anything else he's done this season.

Something that I find odd, though: Son can outrun virtually any of our defenders, with the possible exception of Walker, and we know that because he does it again and again and again. There must be some tactical way of making provision for that, when you're the most tactically astute manager in the world?

As for Spurs being our bogey team, I sometimes get the impression that people want to invent a bogey team to give themselves a thrill, like going to see the latest Scream. We thrashed that team 3-0 at our gaff just last season, and totally outplayed them in one of the biggest matches of the last forty years for them at Wembley.

Last edited:
I was quite confident at 1-1 and at half-time. We had recovered well. They carried a counter-attacking threat with Kane, and Son/Moura and when the game went on it began to get desperate.
I wasn't confident even when we equalised, there was enough evidence up unto that point that Spurs were a big threat

I had forgotten what it was like.
In the 90s (and a fair part of the 80s), I'd forget what winning was like.
This is a brilliant team, and it hasn't suddenly become not one because Kane turned in a performance that is way above anything else he's done this season.

Yep! Poor result no doubt but there is also a lot of self entitlement that we can never get beat?! Seen the team yesterday and thought yeah……..spuds are getting it today!!! Turns out we had nothing in the box again and had a passy passy game trying to make space. Hopefully it hurts the players as much as us and they smash Everton next Saturday

So very true, we have been in cruise control and second gear for the last couple of months, it's now time to get in top gear and foot to the floor until the season ends.

December was an incredibly tough month, lots of games but we came through magnificently but since the turn of the year we have become a little sloppy.
By tossing away a point, goal difference has now come into play so it’s important we find that top gear again.

I wasn't confident even when we equalised, there was enough evidence up unto that point that Spurs were a big threat
I remember one attack in the 1st half, their goal. First ten minutes of the 2nd half it was a siege. And then it began to unravel.

Just been looking at yesterday Game Stats.

Spurs had 7 touches in our Box and scored 3 Goals.

Could easily have been 7 touches = 5 goals if not for that borderline off side, and a great save by Ederson.

Is it just me finds it astonishing ?

I mean seriously wtf.

None really had a good game yesterday.

For me though La Porte is not a great defender. His situational awareness is not great. He is prone to being caught out when we play the high line. I think this affects Diaz there is not the same chemistry Diaz has with Stones.

We had a great defensive partnership between Stones and Diaz. Last season we went a good number of games conceding 0 goals. La Porte came back from injury we started conceding again.

Sure i understand the need for rotating players.

Rotating for rotating sake at the expense of the greater good of the team for me is ludicrous.

La Porte has had so many nightmares playing Spurs i was surprised he was even playing yesterday..

We need to get back to a regular defensive partnership there is no room left for error. We need Continuity, this brings understanding.

That defensive shit show yesterday was criminal.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.