Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

Just been looking at yesterday Game Stats.

Spurs had 7 touches in our Box and scored 3 Goals.

Could easily have been 7 touches = 5 goals if not for that borderline off side, and a great save by Ederson.

Is it just me finds it astonishing ?

I mean seriously wtf.

Arse fans must have been scratching their heads in a similar way, to be fair.

Really poor defending for both the second and third goals and Walker in particularly had a mare yesterday. Not sure why Pep didn't play Mahrez from the start considering the form he has been in recently. An afternoon to forget and that Everton game can't come quick enough

This team (21/22) doesn't tend to be very consistent when the opposition isn't great. It's not a coincidence that we beat Chelsea twice but drew with Southampton twice.

Spurs had 3 consecutive losses before our game, the motivation wasn't sufficiently high. After winning so many games and trophies in England over the last few years, some players may struggle with the mental side of some games. They are humans. I think they'll be much more motivated in the big games, vs United and Liverpool, and in the CL, and the performances will reflect that. Think it will be a terrific season that, but it may be extremely nervous at times.

Wasn't 36k about the capacity of the old Shite Hawk Lane?
But yes - They are absolutely fuck all.
I'm so old I was alive when they last won the league.
It was but the point stands.

Maine Road was about 35k before closure but many games would've had a lot more than that.

City's tactics have always been based around Plan A and over 38 games, they work out fine.

However, there will always be occasions when we lose the ball in daft positions, and suddenly our flanks are exposed to a quick counter attack. Sterling is the biggest culprit, but yesterday De Bruyne and Rodri were equally guilty.
Mahrez has to start more often, because he rarely concedes posession.

Similarly, just because Cancelo creates so many opportunities, we can't ignore the fact that he's a defensive liability who makes no proper attempt to block a cross. Fulham profited, and even in Lisbon he struggled against their right winger in the first 20 minutes.

It is. But why when they do bet us do they always drive the dagger so deep?
Because we let them!!
That last minute VAR decision in the CL wouldn't have mattered had we scored the penalty at 0-0 in the away leg.
We also missed a pen at 0-0 in the first PL game at their new ground and lost 2-0 with them only having three shots. And don't say they'd have won 2-1 unless you really don't think goals change games.
The disallowed Jesus goal at 2-2 also came in a game when we'd had far more chances than them but kept missing the target.
And because Spurs fans are generally cunts.

the morning after is a new day ?

bad result. bad performance. its now gone. we go again still top of the league and still in our own hands.
its better getting one bad day out of the way now with time to put it right

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.