Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Spurs (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pochettino will be saying something alone the lines

"We are going to New Maine Road to dominate City physically, in territory, in possession, and in goals. Yeah City are good but we are as good. Trust yourself. Trust the system. Trust your team mates. I expect to win"

Whether that is possible or will work, who knows? But that will be the plan.

What he wont say is "Sit back, hit the ball long and break at speed." That is not how Pochettino wants Spurs to play.

As for going full Cockney. God no. I aspired to be nothing more than a lily-livered liberal.

I cannot remember the last time a team dominated us in territory and possession, it just won’t happen.
And “we are as good”........ no, you’re just not. As evidenced by recent trophies won, points gained, goals scored and matches won.

Still no trophies under Poch? However you do have one unbelievable achievement, to be the most hated club in a city with Milwall and Arsenal in it takes some fucking doing. Out muscle us eh, in the same way you were going to out point us in the Premier league last Feb/March? How do that end Arse Wipe? 28 points behind lol. You have as much chance of winning the premier league as Crystal Palace, fucking none, bridesmaids

Hmmmm. OK. I didnt want to make you that angry. It is a game of football.

You will probably win but it is possible that we could. And we will only do that if we disrupt your game. That's it.

As for winning the league. Well... of course you are right. We have very little chance. But I am not ready to concede yet. We are only one game in and we have rolled over the mighty Villa, no less. Maybe after Saturday, i might have to concede. But for now, I think we have the best chance we have had in many years (not saying much I know)

I thought Ndombele was magnificent for them and I'm a little concerned that their midfield may cause us a few issues.

That being said, we should be capable of getting behind them.

I cannot remember the last time a team dominated us in territory and possession, it just won’t happen.
And “we are as good”........ no, you’re just not. As evidenced by recent trophies won, points gained, goals scored and matches won.

The plan needs Spurs players to believe they are as good. Pochettino will convince them that they are. It is not completely incredible. Any Spurs player could play in your team. Maybe you think they are not as good as the equivalent City player but they would not look out of place.

I thought Ndombele was magnificent for them and I'm a little concerned that their midfield may cause us a few issues.

That being said, we should be capable of getting behind them.

You said that Re Ndombele in the team of the week thread too, did you watch the game , he was bang average , was about to be hooked off and then he scored ! Granted a good goal but he looked very average ....

He may get better and if sure he will , but if that’s your benchmark for class then wow you have a very low marker indeed

Hmmmm. OK. I didnt want to make you that angry. It is a game of football.

You will probably win but it is possible that we could. And we will only do that if we disrupt your game. That's it.

As for winning the league. Well... of course you are right. We have very little chance. But I am not ready to concede yet. We are only one game in and we have rolled over the mighty Villa, no less. Maybe after Saturday, i might have to concede. But for now, I think we have the best chance we have had in many years (not saying much I know)
Only an idiot would dismiss Spurs chances of beating City or winning the title. I am sure Pep is not that arrogant. However if City perform close to our potential, we should win both.

We saw last season what can happen in a one-off game between City and Spurs, indeed lesser sides than Spurs beat City last season.

You said that Re Ndombele in the team of the week thread too, did you watch the game , he was bang average , was about to be hooked off and then he scored ! Granted a good goal but he looked very average ....

He may get better and if sure he will , but if that’s your benchmark for class then wow you have a very low marker indeed
I agree....up until his goal. He looked like he was trying to do too much every time he got the ball. That goal will settle him down.

He was OK. It was his first game. His confidence rose after the goal. He will improve. And I hope he will be amazing. He has the potential.

Of course I watched it. He was brill for me, really impressed.

The plan needs Spurs players to believe they are as good. Pochettino will convince them that they are. It is not completely incredible. Any Spurs player could play in your team. Maybe you think they are not as good as the equivalent City player but they would not look out of place.

Eric Dier would look out of place. Anyway, I’m out, you might get something out of the game but it would be an upset.

We’ll see what happens, if you “dominate us in territory and possession” I’ll come back and say I was wrong but don’t get your hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.