Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Spurs (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Mahrez created all 5 goals against West Ham. And dropping him just kills his good feeling at the moment. It will be feeling like a fresh start for his City career, why end that? We are going to need him. Mahrez, Jesus and Sterling look our sharpest players. So that’s the front 3 sorted for me. I wouldn’t be considering anything else up there, but that’s me.

Fair enough. I don’t think Pep will leave Bernardo and Sergio out 2 weeks running but that’s just me :-)

Maybe he’ll surprise us all and start Foden like the last time we played them.....

Don’t know, that’s Pep’s job, but if he wants Bernardo in then most likely Mahrez gets rotated.

I just don’t get why half the forum think that the only way to play Bernardo is in Dave’s position.
I think it was established last season that Bernardo's best position is as an 8 so it shouldn't be a surprise that people want to see him there. Dave also had quite a poor second part of last season so it would seem natural, but yeah, when Pep mentioned Mahrez last weekend he mentioned him with Mahrez as the opposition player for his position..

I think it was established last season that Bernardo's best position is as an 8 so it shouldn't be a surprise that people want to see him there. Dave also had quite a poor second part of last season so it would seem natural, but yeah, when Pep mentioned Mahrez last weekend he mentioned him with Mahrez as the opposition player for his position..

I’d love to see him there as an heir to Dave, but “established?” I don’t think so, Pep played him at right wing in almost every game.

I’d love to see him there as an heir to Dave, but “established?” I don’t think so, Pep played him at right wing in almost every game.
When i say it was established, i mean the common consensus was that his performances drastically improved in the 8 and he had less impact out wide. When KDB was injured, which was most of the season, Bernardo started as the 8 with Dave.

I think it was established last season that Bernardo's best position is as an 8

How on earth did you work that one out? He played RW for probably about 75% of his games last season and was nominated for POTY off the back of it. He was playing RW when he won player of the tournament at the Nations League finals too.

Fuck, maybe i passed out through 75% of last season :D I remember him playing a lot of games as an 8 and being brilliant there.
At the beginning he did, and then he moved to the wing ahead of Sané. He only played centrally twice in our last 16 league games.

With KDB back and fit, the default line up has been David & KDB in midfield, Sterling-Aguero-Bernardo in the front 3 and Mahrez and Jesus trying to break into the team.

But wasn't that because KDB was back for a few of them? I still think his best position is an 8 tbh.
Well if you hadn't noticed, KDB is back now...

He won POTY nomination based on being on the RW for the second half of the season. IMO his biggest strengths are his pressing of defenders, running people backwards into their own box and linking up on the edge of the box - RW lets him do those things a lot more.

He’s bloody good in at least two positions. Personally, I don’t remember him turning in a bad performance wherever he was playing. Medium to long term, though, I think he’ll move into midfield. I’ll follow you on that. Merlin’s gone at the end of this season. This much we know.
On the other hand, there’s this lad from Stockport who is (quoting Pep) the best player he’s ever seen at that age. And (quoting Kev) a better player than Kev was at his age. That’s some competition...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.