Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Spurs (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess that depends how much they have in the tank after midweek

They’re bricking it about Adrian, despite his midweek heroics, he will struggle in that system and mistakes will be made. I get the feeling this year that the important injuries to players they avoided last year, will be coming thick and fast, let’s see how Mr Ed copes with it!

Last edited:
Is it inconceivable for Pep to be tempted to slip Dinho into the back-line (Stones to the bench) and leave Rhodri in the DM role? "Stones propensity to give the ball away in front of the back four will be punished by the pace and directness of the Spuds"!!

Is it inconceivable for Pep to be tempted to slip Dinho into the back-line (Stones to the bench) and leave Rhodri in the DM role? "Stones propensity to give the ball away in front of the back four will be punished by the pace and directness of the Spuds"!!
We know Fernandinho will play there this season at some point, but Spurs will have so much height on the pitch that I doubt he’d remove Stones for Fernandinho in this match. Fernandinho is good at defensive headers from open play, as his positioning and anticipation is amazing. But I don’t think he’d beat some of their beasts to headers from corners. They’ll have Sissoko, Alderweireld, Verthongen, Ndombele, Kane. We will only have Rodri, Stones, Laporte and Walker. Take Stones out and they have an even bigger advantage on corners. And we all remember a certain Spurs corner against us last season and our attempts to defend the front post.

Last edited:
People shouldnt right off spurs..they are a very good team and have strengthened over the summer

However the fact that Son and Deli Ali are missing for them is a bonus to us (especially Son who i rate far higher than kane for his all around game). Nbombele looked good for them last week and will cause us problems and Eriksen is class (if he plays)
On the other hand, we didnt have KDB last time we played this lot either...he makes a huge differnece

Personally id play Aguero and Bernardo but I dont think Pep will do.....Jesus just doesn t offer enough threat for me in the bigger games..hopefully that will change and i think we need Bernardos work rate and tenacity for this one.

Think I would play Fernandhino first x45 mins then replace him with Rodri for 2nd half,

That way sky/bt can eulogise over who is best @ tactical fouling & can spend x15 mins

Post Match discussing the finer details, rather than discussing the x5 goals we banged

past them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.