Spurs (H) - Thu 19th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes KDB, Foden and Bernardo not great lately.

However I can’t see how constantly changing the team around especially the defence is helping us gain any rhythm or form. This has the feel of a experimental side and I am not confident against this lot.

But in Pep we trust. Be very happy to be proved wrong.

Is it 442? I don’t know, we will find out.. it is certainly a left field starting line up.. even by Peps standards.

I predict we will either click and start like a freight train. Or we will be disjointed as all hell and will be in for a long night

I think we will know which by 20:05

I hope team has practiced with that formation multiple times because if team hasnt then you bet half if them will be looking confused what to do. Alvarez should brings bags of energy but i still don't see who creates clear cut chances for Haaland.
A new Cb pairing ans new backline again

4-4-2 is certainly not what I would have picked and I think this could be an almighty struggle.

Lewis will almost certainly play mainly in midfield, which means it will be more like 3 at the back and no overlapping/support for our wide players. Gundogan and Rodri leaves us a bit short of legs without Bernardo in there.

I hope it works but I'm struggling to see it. I wish we would just go back to our old 4-3-3 with Rodri, Gundogan and Bernardo in the middle (until KDB is right), overlapping FBs and Grealish, Haaland and Foden up top.
Doubt it'll play out as 4-4-2.
Think this'll go 4-2-3-1 - Alvarez and Mahrez occupying the wide positions. Time will tell

It's an interesting line-up, and I've been calling out for Álvarez to start with Haaland more often all season. Have also been saying that KDB needs to be more often on the bench and brought on in the course of proceedings. Would have had Bernardo in instead of Mahrez but that's just about it.
In any case, it's always the same — if we win Pep will be a genius on the the post-match thread. If we lose he'll be an idiot, and there'll even be a few saying that his time with us is up.

4-4-2 is certainly not what I would have picked and I think this could be an almighty struggle.

Lewis will almost certainly play mainly in midfield, which means it will be more like 3 at the back and no overlapping/support for our wide players. Gundogan and Rodri leaves us a bit short of legs without Bernardo in there.

I hope it works but I'm struggling to see it. I wish we would just go back to our old 4-3-3 with Rodri, Gundogan and Bernardo in the middle (until KDB is right), overlapping FBs and Grealish, Haaland and Foden up top.
Dissapointed in that formation,
Rodri - Gundo - Bernardo is what i expected to see. Peps basically swapped KdB for Alvarez, its the same the exact system we've been playing recently. Expect more of the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.