Spurs (H) - Thu 19th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a long time since there's been a pre-match poll showing such a small percentage voting "win."
City 4 Spurs, Kane, Son, and Alan Gilzean 0

I am strangely optimistic about this game. :)

Same starting eleven

But I think Foden should be benched for Gundogan.

The time has come for us to regain a ruthless streak. We've had such a good run for so long we've become far too nice. From hugging international mates in the tunnel to not taking them on, we saw it today - Phil for example at his best has no fear, slaloms tackles and frightens defenders to death - today he didn't go past a tackle once. When we got the lead we didn't go for it, in the past we would have had a 20 minute spell when we would have finished them off. We let them regroup, then the most crazy referee gave them a leg up - complain all we want about the corruption but we should have gone for getting another goal then their heads would have gone down and the crowd would have started to leave.

To win all the time you have to be hungry and ruthless and that will allow the talent to rise. We haven't lost the talent just a little bit of desire - that is the small margins.

I hope on Thursday we revert to a higher tempo and get at them from the off, no messing about, no back and forth just go for it - do that and we win. It's not about the team selection at the moment it's all about what is going on in the mind - try to play without fear and get stuck in a bit - blow them away. If it takes Pep to tell them a few truths so be it but we cannot just meekly go into the resumption of the CL knock outs and expect us to win.

I have faith someone will kick them up the arse and we win 4-1 on Thursday.

The time has come for us to regain a ruthless streak. We've had such a good run for so long we've become far too nice. From hugging international mates in the tunnel to not taking them on, we saw it today - Phil for example at his best has no fear, slaloms tackles and frightens defenders to death - today he didn't go past a tackle once. When we got the lead we didn't go for it, in the past we would have had a 20 minute spell when we would have finished them off. We let them regroup, then the most crazy referee gave them a leg up - complain all we want about the corruption but we should have gone for getting another goal then their heads would have gone down and the crowd would have started to leave.

To win all the time you have to be hungry and ruthless and that will allow the talent to rise. We haven't lost the talent just a little bit of desire - that is the small margins.

I hope on Thursday we revert to a higher tempo and get at them from the off, no messing about, no back and forth just go for it - do that and we win. It's not about the team selection at the moment it's all about what is going on in the mind - try to play without fear and get stuck in a bit - blow them away. If it takes Pep to tell them a few truths so be it but we cannot just meekly go into the resumption of the CL knock outs and expect us to win.

I have faith someone will kick them up the arse and we win 4-1 on Thursday.
Exactly, getting absolutely sick of us just fucking about when we go a goal up. We always let the opposition get a hold of the game from then on in, our ruthlessness has vanished

It doesn't matter what we think will happen, its what Pep instils into this team - he needs to stop being a sarcastic knob and shoulder the blame for deflating the team, get some counter attacking speed in there, and FAST, or this season is OVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.