Spurs (H) - Thu 19th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why those who call for Walker to be included to handle son are off the mark. Walker often gets caught upfield when the oppo break. On Saturday Rashford got a one on one with fucking Rodri chasing him down the right flank. Garnacho had a couple breaks too.
We dont pay a flat back 4 so its usually up to the CB to cover any breaks.

Then pep needs to tell him not to go up the pitch. As Walker is by far the best fullback defensively especially speed wise it falls on him and the other 2 CB's along with Rodri to stop us getting done on the break.

If we must play cancelo at left back the last thing we need is both full backs getting caught at the same time.

You could play Ake left back if we needed walker to make runs to provide space for mahrez or foden.

Ideally we could do with a left footed Walker and a couple of wide players. It would open up some huge variety in how we can play.

It would mean Jack or Phil coming into an 8 position.

We will probably just sign another midfielder for left back and someone who hugs the line and keeps control of the ball.

I’d like to see us focus less on possession and more on optimising Haaland’s strengths.
Yes. I do wonder whether we have compromised out fantastic tipy tapy football since Haaland came. Not knocking him at all but if hes playing Pep has to work out how to get the best out of him. Its creativity in the middle of the park that will do it.

Thats why those who call for Walker to be included to handle son are off the mark. Walker often gets caught upfield when the oppo break. On Saturday Rashford got a one on one with fucking Rodri chasing him down the right flank. Garnacho had a couple breaks too.
We dont pay a flat back 4 so its usually up to the CB to cover any breaks.
I'd rather we kept Son quiet by keeping the ball well and with a good tempo

For me, that means Rico coming in to replace Walker and adding that extra man into midfield

I think if we lose this one its looking a bit grim. I think the players will lose hope of the PL and put everything into the CL.

I’d like to see us focus less on possession and more on optimising Haaland’s strengths.
After Pep's comments on Saturday he at least acknowledges we need to get Haaland more involved which should result in us relinquishing some possession

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.