Spurs (H) - Thu 19th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our home matches against Spurs have often been good barometers of the season. Last season was the only one whereby the result didn’t affect where we finished. In 2009/10 we lost 1-0 and missed out on the champions league. The following season roles were reversed.

The topsy turvy 3-2 win in 11/12 helped us the way to the title and ended Spurs title challenge.

In 13/14 the 6-0 win was one the best of title winning season. The defeat in 15/16 was a good indicator of the end of the Pellegrini era.

Since Pep took over in 2016/17 our collapse in the 2-2 draw showed both how good we could be and how much we needed some reinforcements. The 4-1 win the following season was one of our best. The 1-0 win after the champions league defeat proved crucial in the narrowest of title races. The 2-2 at home in 2019/20 showed we were not quite at our best. The Mr Whippy inspired victory 2 seasons ago was part of a match to the title.

Spurs at home is usually good indicator as to where we are. Tonight shouldn’t be any different, a win and we can start to build some momentum, a loss and Arsenal will be disappearing over the horizon. Spurs will be better tonight than Sunday with Betancur back but for me if the City from the early part of the season turn up then we should be more than good enough to win. Hopefully the theft on Saturday will have boys fired up. Would love to see a KDB/ Haaland master class.

Agreed.

Which is why I’m nervous.

I’ll take a boring 1-0 please.

Our home matches against Spurs have often been good barometers of the season. Last season was the only one whereby the result didn’t affect where we finished. In 2009/10 we lost 1-0 and missed out on the champions league. The following season roles were reversed.

The topsy turvy 3-2 win in 11/12 helped us the way to the title and ended Spurs title challenge.

In 13/14 the 6-0 win was one the best of title winning season. The defeat in 15/16 was a good indicator of the end of the Pellegrini era.

Since Pep took over in 2016/17 our collapse in the 2-2 draw showed both how good we could be and how much we needed some reinforcements. The 4-1 win the following season was one of our best. The 1-0 win after the champions league defeat proved crucial in the narrowest of title races. The 2-2 at home in 2019/20 showed we were not quite at our best. The Mr Whippy inspired victory 2 seasons ago was part of a match to the title.

Spurs at home is usually good indicator as to where we are. Tonight shouldn’t be any different, a win and we can start to build some momentum, a loss and Arsenal will be disappearing over the horizon. Spurs will be better tonight than Sunday with Betancur back but for me if the City from the early part of the season turn up then we should be more than good enough to win. Hopefully the theft on Saturday will have boys fired up. Would love to see a KDB/ Haaland master class.

the-wolf-of-wall-street-clap.gif

Honestly, if we don't have enough ability and firepower to put these right back in their box then we're going to have nothing like what it takes to take all six points from their red and white neighbours and win the title yet again.

Got good feelings about tonight, Spurs really are bang average.,

So would I but it's never boring playing this shower. I get wound up whenever we play them and the tension keeps me on the edge.
Not going tonight and watching at home but I won't sit down unless or until we go 4 up.
Come on City.
Psh. 4-0 is a very dangerous lead for City…

Buzzing for tonight's game, I reckon the atmosphere will be good and we'll see a major improvement from the players. Spurs are there for the taking, and even if they play better than they have recently we should be beating them. Win tonight and we can win the title, any other result and I expect we'll ultimately fail. There might still be plenty of points to play for, but the way Pep has been talking I think he knows the team need to win this one.

Son has 4 goals this season : 3 against Leicester in Sep and 1 in Jan against Palace and 2 assists in August and September against Soton Brighton. Just 4 matches where je has contributed. Surely we cannot let him play well and run th show again. He has been beyond terrible
Which is exactly why he will come back to his devastating form against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.