Spurs Post Match Thread

each player today bust a gut to get that win. A huge difference from the last few months. Have the last two wins brought confidence or has something happened behind the scenes? Was it as simple as yaya missing?

Paulmcfc2703 said:
tonea2003 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Hang on. So does that mean Dier with a free header missing the target is now good defending.

Fair play

you pick one miss, i give you sergio's volley, in the main we played well as team snuffing out spurs threat
What are you on about?

It's not about picking chances. We were poor at the back and got away with it. I think in the first half they had 5 corners and we didn't win a single header. They picked us apart countless times too.

3 points was fantastic, purely because we have been on the receiving end of it numerous times this season

agree to disagree

tonea2003 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
tonea2003 said:
you pick one miss, i give you sergio's volley, in the main we played well as team snuffing out spurs threat
What are you on about?

It's not about picking chances. We were poor at the back and got away with it. I think in the first half they had 5 corners and we didn't win a single header. They picked us apart countless times too.

3 points was fantastic, purely because we have been on the receiving end of it numerous times this season

agree to disagree
We are going to have to.

Before the game any win would do and we got it. End of story. Hart, Silva, Aguero & Kolarov were all outstanding.

But defensively we were all over the place. I'd dread to think what constitutes poor defending in your eyes.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
tonea2003 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Hang on. So does that mean Dier with a free header missing the target is now good defending.

Fair play

What are you on about?

A very good away victory at spurs , a ground were chelsea the champions were absolutely torn to pieces , no pleasing some people on here.

Nice to see all 11 players putting in a shift and showing the right attitude today .... Does Pellegrini get it yet? Players like Toure should NEVER be leadng the team out... EVER and the team should not have to compensate for his total lack of defensive efforts!! .... We really need to work on defending set pieces though, very suspect especially in the first half and we rode our luck!!....

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
tonea2003 said:
What are you on about?

A very good away victory at spurs , a ground were chelsea the champions were absolutely torn to pieces , no pleasing some people on here.
Excuse me?

I have said I am delighted with the 3 points. At this stage any win will do. The defending was poor though. That's a fact

Paulmcfc2703 said:
tonea2003 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
What are you on about?

agree to disagree
We are going to have to.

Before the game any win would do and we got it. End of story. Hart, Silva, Aguero & Kolarov were all outstanding.

But defensively we were all over the place. I'd dread to think what constitutes poor defending in your eyes.

what were we last week then, i dread to think

look i'm not saying we were perfect, but to ignore the chances we created as well would be negligent

i thought we were good value today

Shoddy defending by quite a few but we should also have had a pen before the goal with Spurs down to 10 for the rest of the game.

tonea2003 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
tonea2003 said:
agree to disagree
We are going to have to.

what were we last week then, i dread to think

look i'm not saying we were perfect, but to ignore the chances we created as well would be negligent

i thought we were good value today
We were poor last week especially from set pieces. It was no different from this week other than Villa took their chances. Do you think defending a set piece poorly but not conceding means that's better defending?

I am not ignoring the chances we created all I'm saying is defensively we rode our luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.