Spurs Post Match Thread

Sir Knives said:
I don't know what game some of you were watching but Manchester City FC were anything but superb today. The team just basically did what it has been doing all season; doing enough to get by against less than average opposition and holding on for the win. Alot of the players need to be shown the door asap and replaced with players that can play with a bit of sense (and urgency). I also get the feeling Mr. Pellegrini doesn't get it at this level either, it just seems like the only things he cares about are formation and attacking, he has even sacrificed the once formidable defense this team was known for.

To become a European elite you have to change the way the team plays, everytime I watch City these days it feels like something is off, almost like you have all the ingredients of a top team but for some reason aren't making it happen, I never could quite put my finger on it but now I think it has dawned on me. I came to the conclusion that City lacks two things: 1) the ability to retain possession and 2) the ability to press correctly. To rule Europe you have to know how to keep the ball and move it well, have quick interplay, penetrating runs, etc but everytime I see a City player with the ball he either holds the ball far too long and takes unnecessary touches or he tries a sexy hollywood pass to a teammate that's 25 yards away, but watch a Barcelona, Chelsea, or Bayern and see how quickly they move the ball around with short passes and not giving the opposing team time to regroup, when they do lose possession it doesn't take long for them to get it back because they press, which brings me to my next point.

The players you have leak the ball like a sieve and I don't understand why so many expensively priced players can't win a ball back from the opposition, there were times today I would see some of your players practically give up balls that were easily chase-able and would scream and ask myself "Why did he let that go?" "Why not press?" I don't know whether pressing is not emphasized with Pellegrini or whether the players are just lazy but without it you can never be a top tier team. I can now understand why the people at the top want to go for Pep (if the stories are true), he's not just a manager but a coach that will bring this style of play into the team at the same time stamping his authority.

I thought we moved the ball quicker than usual today and Aguero especially made some brilliant runs down the channels. The ideal for any team is to have bags of energy, the intelligence as a unit to know when to press and when to be cautious. We don't generally have enough players who put a shift in defensively who'll get at the opposition and harass them, players like Nasri, Dzeko and Toure do us no favours here.

We don't generally give enough support to Aguero either, not enough direct running or movement ahead of the ball from wingers or central midfielders. At times Fernandinho and Silva will but not frequently enough.

i8rags said:
cleavers said:
i8rags said:
It's a fact we could of been two down. Simples unless your an idiot.
The only FACT is that we weren't, so maybe you should check who is the idiot ?
Am I losing it, coz I'm sure it's a fact that we could of been, I mean it seems to of ruffled a few feathers that 4 letter word, is it really a that much of a drama, I was going to go to Spurs today but I didn't, that's a fact, I think. Anyway me and my facts have been told off, so I'm gonna have a few brandies and get myself out of here, either way 'twas a good result.
The only facts in your post are your distinct lack of self awareness and your abject use of the English language

Just watching highlights on Sky and got to half time and only showed one city attack which was the goal. EVERYTHING else was spurs?

Did we do anything else in the 1st half attacking wise?

Claytop said:
Just watching highlights on Sky and got to half time and only showed one city attack which was the goal. EVERYTHING else was spurs?

Did we do anything else in the 1st half attacking wise?
Sergio volleyed a difficult one wide and Dino hit one towards the bottom corner that got deflected wide off a defender. Not sure whether the original shot would have been saved.
And there was the small matter of a trip on Sergio in the box.

cleavers said:
i8rags said:
Am I losing it, coz I'm sure it's a fact that we could of been
A fact for me is something that happened, not something that might have happened but didn't.
Fair dos, I'm of the belief that if I nearly got run over by a car today, but didn't, it would still be a fact, but I do like the word and perhaps I'm way off. I concede on this.

squirtyflower said:
i8rags said:
cleavers said:
The only FACT is that we weren't, so maybe you should check who is the idiot ?
Am I losing it, coz I'm sure it's a fact that we could of been, I mean it seems to of ruffled a few feathers that 4 letter word, is it really a that much of a drama, I was going to go to Spurs today but I didn't, that's a fact, I think. Anyway me and my facts have been told off, so I'm gonna have a few brandies and get myself out of here, either way 'twas a good result.
The only facts in your post are your distinct lack of self awareness and your abject use of the English language
Are you on the wind up, because that is truly over the top and i wasn't aware self awareness and perfect English were a requirement of this forum.

i8rags said:
squirtyflower said:
i8rags said:
Are you on the wind up, because that is truly over the top and i wasn't aware self awareness and perfect English were a requirement of this forum.

You're not a stone mason by chance are you?

Only watched the 2nd half,very professional performance won it,never really felt that Spurs would get anything from the game,we controlled large periods comfortably.Onwards and upwards hopefully..that ground has like many other in the PL gone from being a bogey fixture to a good one for City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.