Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think its like Liverpool from our side we get next to nowt respect from the majority of the media after what we have achieved while likes of spurs liverpool and the rags mainly get positive spin when being poor.
There has been quite a lot of negative press with Spurs this season. The media were very intent on destabilising the club when Poch was linked with the United job. Every show or paper you read linked him with the job and asked him questions on it before and after every game too

I'd say we get our fair share of plaundits when we deserve it but the media can sharpen their knives anytime. I take it all with a pinch of salt. It's always been that way in the game

There has been quite a lot of negative press with Spurs this season. The media were very intent on destabilising the club when Poch was linked with the United job. Every show or paper you read linked him with the job and asked him questions on it before and after every game too

I'd say we get our fair share of plaundits when we deserve it but the media can sharpen their knives anytime. I take it all with a pinch of salt. It's always been that way in the game

You were media darlings last few years though.

It's pretty turgid stuff right now. You start to wonder if or when we are going to turn the corner

Not been following your games, but there does seem to be too heavy a reliance on Son and Kane to get you,out of a pickle.With no natural wingers you need fullbacks overlapping, and minus either you need quick-footed midfielders like our Silvas. You seem instead to have very similar solid types of players in the midfield, and Ali and Dier look to be players who are now stagnating. Not sure all that can be turned around quickly.

You were media darlings last few years though.
We played well. We deserved a bit of praise. Who cares? Nobody minded when they laid into Ramos, AVB,Ossie, Francis, Gross, El Tel etc and MOTD running gag that Spurs will let you down. It's as if we have never had the piss taken out of us. Football has been around a fair while. It never bothered me in my life at all, maybe I'm not sensitive enough. The media were absolute arseholes with England for over 30 years too, am I the only one who has noticed this shit. Look at Hillsborough too, the media will talk shit about anyone. They'll be laying into Pellegrini all week now. It's part and parcel of the game

Yeah the poch talk I agree thats mild compared to what Pep achieved an unprecedented domestic trophy haul last season and he gets asked a question did you take a bung?! The guardian article discrediting him at every opportunity where they said he wont be a world class manager until he wins the champs league with us! Suppose every supporter sees and reads more than the opposition fans with negativity! But the disrespect City get from the media is quite frankly disgusting.

Cocky little git you pal. Wonder if you’ll be floating around after you finish mid table, Poch soda off and Kane moves on. You just disappear no doubt as your players do when it matters
I've been here years mate. You and your cronie Karen try to drive every visitor off the forum but i keep staying. Nice try though mate, give yourself a pat on the back. Don't like it? Ignore the thread, plum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.