Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like him or not, Rose is a far better player than Davies. BTW I know you like him, it's just most of us City fans think he's a twat ;-)

But he is our twat. But I acknowledge that he is not an intellectual giant

My favourite story about Rose is that after his infamous “Spurs pay shit wages and I have to Google the players Spurs sign” interview, Pochettino and Levy went round to his house to find out him what was going on and no doubt to have a word with them. After they pointed out that Rose seemed to have forgotten his contract meant he was due a massive rise the following month. Rose explained that he believed that Levy signed unknown players so that Spurs won’t qualify for the Champions League and that meant Levy won’t have to pay bonuses.

I don’t think Pochettino or Levy ever really trusted him again.

After doing nothing last summer and then the season they had - you had to think they would spend some cash. Looks more like a clearout going on. I don't get it.

Maybe it's 'sell before you buy'? Could be Ndombele was all the money Levy was willing to spend.

Poch has just said that Spurs have agreed a deal for Rose to go. Expect Sessegnon to come in for him but who replaces Trippier?

Poch has just said that Spurs have agreed a deal for Rose to go. Expect Sessegnon to come in for him but who replaces Trippier?

Possibly no one? Still have Aurier and Walker Peters. The former is yet to find find any consistency in two seasons at Spurs, not helped by injury. The latter needs to start playing. If he can’t break through this season, then he needs to move on for the sake of his career.

A third option is Juan Foyth, who did a decent job at right back for Spurs on a few occasions last season and equally so for Argentina in the Copa America.

Would be a gamble not to buy a replacement - although Tripps had a poor season so won’t be greatly missed - but it may be a gamble worth taking if it allows KWP to fulfil his potential.

Possibly no one? Still have Aurier and Walker Peters. The former is yet to find find any consistency in two seasons at Spurs, not helped by injury. The latter needs to start playing. If he can’t break through this season, then he needs to move on for the sake of his career.

A third option is Juan Foyth, who did a decent job at right back for Spurs on a few occasions last season and equally so for Argentina in the Copa America.

Would be a gamble not to buy a replacement - although Tripps had a poor season so won’t be greatly missed - but it may be a gamble worth taking if it allows KWP to fulfil his potential.

If you want to compete for trophies you need replacements

If you want to compete for trophies you need replacements

Aurier makes my heart sink. Firstly because he is not that good and secondly and more importantly because he is an awful person. The sooner he is gone the better. I acknowledge JimB still has faith in KWP but I have not seen much to convince me he will make it (I hope I am wrong).

I agree Foyth or even Dier (how else will he get in the side?) are possible replacements.

Talking of the Spurs, bumped into Spurs fan in ASDA yesterday, he noticed my City top, grey training one, asked me if I watched the West Ham game, I had. He said City looked good and was impressed with some of the youngsters on show. The pass to David Silva and Silva's finish he was sublime.

He then shook my hand and thanked City for beating Liverpool to the title and said congratulations on the trebble. He said he disliked Liverpool the club and their fans as they are insuffrable. He added that it's a shame the media have not picked up on Citys historic trebble more than they have as it's the first time it has ever been done. He said if it was Trafford or Dippers, we'd never be hearing the end of it.

Wished City all the best for the season and hoped City had one of their rare off days when they came to Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.