Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Above all, I think Levy is terrified of losing Poch. And, by all accounts, Poch has read Levy the riot act........”get me the players that I need or I walk.” Poch is not satisfied with merely qualifying for the CL. He wants to be in with a real and consistent chance of winning the biggest trophies. He wants to compete on at least something of an equal footing. If he can’t do it at Spurs, he has no shortage of admirers at clubs that can give him what he wants.

Fortunately for Spurs, Levy should now be in a strong position to back his manager. The new stadium is a game changer. Sure, there is a big pile of debt to service and repay. But the added income generated by the new stadium will easily cover that and leave plenty more to spare. Levy knows that he has to pony up now.

That won’t stop him being Levy, of course. He’ll still fight over every penny. It just means that Spurs can realistically go after players that we couldn’t previously have afforded.

The above answers the point I made, i.e. poch wants resources to work with but Levy hasn't flashed the cash yet.
If you're happy it's in the pipeline then all's ok, but if they have had players lined up for so long, why no word yet? I suppose the merry-go-round hasn't really started turning yet, but you've got more faith in Levy than I would. And I'd still be slightly underwhelmed even if you got all the four named plus a RB. Still, any money prised from Levy's grasp is a huge step in the right direction. And maybe I was just expecting too much - two decent signings and two squad players with potential is a reasonable step forward when I stop to think about it.
On a slight tangent, as it took you several post of basically disagreeing with what I was saying and yet, at the same time, more or less saying the same as I did but just writing a book to do it, I wonder if you're any relation to another Spurs fan - AKA Steffi?

Edit: forgot one of those smiley things - ;-)

6-D56-BAD6-0712-40-B3-B258-16-D7-D936-EA87.jpg

65m is a great price for a potentially brilliant player.

As i said earlier,the Rags would have loved to attract a player like him.......Congratulations Spurs,for the signing and for being more relevant

65m is a great price for a potentially brilliant player.

As i said earlier,the Rags would have loved to attract a player like him.......Congratulations Spurs,for the signing and for being more relevant

Is this about Ndombele? I've just read the deal is done but saw £55m so not sure it's the same one. Not that prices in the media can be trusted.

Lol,Spurs spending 65m has blown minds.....another 55m would cause a National emergency.

My neighbour is pretty confident they're signing both the Sessenyongs, Lo Celso and a yet to be determined right back with Trippier & Lamela leaving.

How are we supposed to compete with clubs like Tottenham that can just throw money out like that?

Buying the league they are! Disgusting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.