Spurs thread 2020/21

Levy's hired his twin with a transfer budget of.....

200.gif

Last edited:
He reminds me of Swales. He's obviously a smarter business man than Swales was but there are a lot of similarities.
I think he is very similar to Swales actually. He talks about grandiose plans but his team fails to deliver on the field. He pleads poverty (even taking Furlough cash for staff) but the club has huge revenues (still in the top ten in the world). He is one of the highest paid football directors in the world.
Levy protects his boss, majority owner Joe Lewis, who puts very little of his own money into the club. Spurs could easily have funded the stadium with an interest free loan from Lewis or even a cash investment but they loaded the club up with debt. That was a high risk strategy which has backfired, but not just because of Covid.
He has a sycophantic following in the press who promote him as some sort of financial guru but I think most sensible Spurs fans are starting to see Levy for what he is...a chancer.

I think he is very similar to Swales actually. He talks about grandiose plans but his team fails to deliver on the field. He pleads poverty (even taking Furlough cash for staff) but the club has huge revenues (still in the top ten in the world). He is one of the highest paid football directors in the world.
Levy protects his boss, majority owner Joe Lewis, who puts very little of his own money into the club. Spurs could easily have funded the stadium with an interest free loan from Lewis or even a cash investment but they loaded the club up with debt. That was a high risk strategy which has backfired, but not just because of Covid.
He has a sycophantic following in the press who promote him as some sort of financial guru but I think most sensible Spurs fans are starting to see Levy for what he is...a chancer.

A great summary. They are in trouble as they only have two sellable assets, Kane and Son and it's debatable who will pay the sort of money he'll demand for them. If they do go what then?

A great summary. They are in trouble as they only have two sellable assets, Kane and Son and it's debatable who will pay the sort of money he'll demand for them. If they do go what then?
Couple of seasons ago Spurs were in a great position, CL final players like Loris,Dyer,Vertonghan,Ali,Son,Kane plus others (I can’t remember after a bottle red) at this time of night, very sought after and valuable assets.
With Pochettino as manager.
Now many of that squad have lost form and value, without a manager it looks a real mess in short space of time.

Couple of seasons ago Spurs were in a great position, CL final players like Loris,Dyer,Vertonghan,Ali,Son,Kane plus others (I can’t remember after a bottle red) at this time of night
With Pochettino as manager. Now many of that squad have lost form and value, without a manager it looks a real mess in short space of time.

Yes they imploded pretty quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.