Spurs thread 2020/21

Nuno also got found out by insisting on having a small squad and not really rotating. Likes to work with 16-17 players.
He could get away with that at Wolves as they weren't in Europe last season. However Spurs are in the Europa Conference and (in theory) should get through to the knock-out stages.

Solid manager with experience of the league. His Wolves team was good to watch but he saw better players sold and their replacements did not all meet expectations. Will have his work cut out if Kane leaves, and the length of the contract, two years, suggests to me that the waters ahead might be choppy.
Did you mean ‘difficult to watch’, mate? I liked Wolves under Nuno as they held their own and gave it to the big teams now and then (didn’t they do United).

Were they ever good to watch though, or were they a defensive side that got a lot of their points on the break late on in games?

Did you mean ‘difficult to watch’, mate? I liked Wolves under Nuno as they held their own and gave it to the big teams now and then (didn’t they do United).

Were they ever good to watch though, or were they a defensive side that got a lot of their points on the break late on in games?
I rather liked watching them play. In the final season, they were admittedly more dour and less pleasing on the eye, but as I pointed out before, they had started to sell key players and were not replacing like-for-like, so they’d become more pragmatic. I also quite enjoy teams striking on the break, especially when they have weapons such as Traore.

Even when they were in the Championship and we met them in the League Cup, it was an interesting game, and while the margin of victory for us last season was more comfortable, in the seasons before it was a fixture that always had the potential to be a banana skin.

I rather liked watching them play. In the final season, they were admittedly more dour and less pleasing on the eye, but as I pointed out before, they had started to sell key players and were not replacing like-for-like, so they’d become more pragmatic. I also quite enjoy teams striking on the break, especially when they have weapons such as Traore.

Even when they were in the Championship and we met them in the League Cup, it was an interesting game, and while the margin of victory for us last season was more comfortable, in the seasons before it was a fixture that always had the potential to be a banana skin.
IMO, one of the most overrated players in the game. A headless chicken would be more apt to describe his playing style rather than weapon. Yes, he has pace, but, more often than not, it gets him into blind alleys, and his next actions are generally indecisive. He occasionally puts in a good cross, or scores a goal, but he is, to me, a very frustrating player to watch. I don't know what Wolves fans think of him, but I would imagine the word "frustration" is high on their list of words to describe him.
Per Wiki, he has made a total of 281 appearances for club(s) and country (?), and amassed a total of 25 goals over an almost 8 year career.
Weapon? I think not.

IMO, one of the most overrated players in the game. A headless chicken would be more apt to describe his playing style rather than weapon. Yes, he has pace, but, more often than not, it gets him into blind alleys, and his next actions are generally indecisive. He occasionally puts in a good cross, or scores a goal, but he is, to me, a very frustrating player to watch. I don't know what Wolves fans think of him, but I would imagine the word "frustration" is high on their list of words to describe him.
Per Wiki, he has made a total of 281 appearances for club(s) and country (?), and amassed a total of 25 goals over an almost 8 year career.
Weapon? I think not.
He’s certainly inconsistent but when playing regularly in a strong team, for example the Wolves side of 2019-2020, he has shown he can be potent(6 goals and 12 assists); we simply couldn’t cope with him when they came to the Etihad that season. I also saw him torture Robertson and torment Liverpool when they were in their pomp and he was the man of the match, but I would agree that he’s frustrating.

He’s certainly inconsistent but when playing regularly in a strong team, for example the Wolves side of 2019-2020, he has shown he can be potent(6 goals and 12 assists); we simply couldn’t cope with him when they came to the Etihad that season. I also saw him torture Robertson and torment Liverpool when they were in their pomp and he was the man of the match, but I would agree that he’s frustrating.
Played 54 games in total, 4 league goals and 2 in Europe. 37 & 15 games respectively. For a striker that's hardly "potent". More Ted Striker potent.
We couldn't cope with him, true, but that's why we bought Dias, to strengthen the defence. Remember, we lost 9 matches that season.

Played 54 games in total, 4 league goals and 2 in Europe. 37 & 15 games respectively. For a striker that's hardly "potent". More Ted Striker potent.
We couldn't cope with him, true, but that's why we bought Dias, to strengthen the defence. Remember, we lost 9 matches that season.
I don’t think anyone would describe Traore as a striker, though, would they? The vast majority of his play is done out on the right. Anyway, rumours are that Chelsea are interested in buying him, so if that comes about, someone must see potential. We’ll just have to beg to differ. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.