Spurs thread 2020/21

I can't imagine why it would. In so far as FFP is designed to prevent clubs running up huge losses, it is very much aimed at those that are spending unsustainably on players - transfers and wages. Spurs have comfortably the lowest wage to turnover ratio in the Premier League (maybe in England?) and their net transfer spend is modest. Bear in mind that, for FFP purposes, compliance is calculated over a number of years. And since Spurs have made big profits in previous years, they're in no danger of falling foul of FFP.

Also bear in mind that £71m of Spurs' operating expenses is actually only a paper cost - depreciation of the value of the stadium on the balance sheet. It doesn't represent actual money being spent. Even if it did, for FFP purposes, it would be deemed a new stadium cost. And new stadium costs are exempt from FFP.

Lastly, revenues for all clubs have obviously been massively affected by COVID. Which is why, I believe, there will be some kind of FFP amnesty until the business of football can return to normal.
Yes, can’t see FFP being an issue for Spurs any time soon. Just read the Swiss Ramble’s latest overview of your finances, and that debt (£831m) is eye-watering but will be serviceable post-Covid with the money the stadium will generate. As much as I dislike Spurs, they deserve credit for remaining competitive with a relatively low wage bill in recent years. Two League Cups in the last thirty years is a pitiful trophy haul though.

I give Mourinho credit. He's the only person in the world who could unite City fans, United fans, AND even Liverpool fans. Of course that unity is all on the premise that we all agree he's a ****. But it's impressive nonetheless.

He has is mojo back the reason he is looking at his team and the competition he knows he has a chance at the title if not that definitely top four which is fine for spurs! As a manager he has zero pressure for the first time with a very good squad! He is enjoying managing again.

Has talking to my spurs neighbour this morning, he thought it was fine for spurs to park the bus against City in fact he said they play that way most games. I said " surprised you like that style of play ?"
"I dont like it but I have waited so long if it wins silverware I'll be happy" he said "selling your soul to the devil of anti football" was my reply. To which he laughed and said "yea"

"Would you pay to go and watch spurs play anti football ?", "no not a chance I wouldnt pay 50 odd quid to watch it, it's bad enough watching on tele !"

Has talking to my spurs neighbour this morning, he thought it was fine for spurs to park the bus against City in fact he said they play that way most games. I said " surprised you like that style of play ?"
"I dont like it but I have waited so long if it wins silverware I'll be happy" he said "selling your soul to the devil of anti football" was my reply. To which he laughed and said "yea"

"Would you pay to go and watch spurs play anti football ?", "no not a chance I wouldnt pay 50 odd quid to watch it, it's bad enough watching on tele !"
Its unlikely they will end up winning anything IMO & it nearly always ends in tears with this fucker

Its unlikely they will end up winning anything IMO & it nearly always ends in tears with this fucker
Think its easier for maureen to play this anti football without the fans getting on the teams back. If I was paying 50 quid plus and City played anti football theres no way I would 600 mile round trip to watch it !
Will be interesting should spurs look like just getting top four if the fans still pay to watch maureens anti football

Think its easier for maureen to play this anti football without the fans getting on the teams back. If I was paying 50 quid plus and City played anti football theres no way I would 600 mile round trip to watch it !
Will be interesting should spurs look like just getting top four if the fans still pay to watch maureens anti football
It's a good point,there's no one to get on his case if & when it goes tits up playing this garbage,but I don't think he would give a flying fuck if the place was packed to the rafters he'd still do it regardless...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.