Spurs thread 2020/21

Levy: Any chance we can have Bale back?

Tebas: 90 Million and he’s yours.

Levy: 10 Million up front and up to fifty million on us winning the Europa League.

Tebas: Are you taking the piss!?

Levy: Ok. How about a loan?

Tebas: Sure. You pay his full wages.

Levy: I’ll pay 30,000 a week and you pay the rest.

Tebas: Get fucked. *Puts down phone*

Levy: Any chance we can have Bale back?

Tebas: 90 Million and he’s yours.

Levy: 10 Million up front and up to fifty million on us winning the Europa League.

Tebas: Are you taking the piss!?

Levy: Ok. How about a loan?

Tebas: Sure. You pay his full wages.

Levy: I’ll pay 30,000 a week and you pay the rest.

Tebas: Get fucked. *Puts down phone*

Have you been hearing these voices alot.

Levy’s degree in Land Economics may get tested. But then again they may burn the stadium and claim on the insurance. Still surprises me how quiet the media were when the business next to the ground objecting to the stadium plans burnt down to the rubble and not a sniff of suspicion on Spurs/Levy

Ha!

The very fact that you even know about and remember a comparatively small fire at a small, nondescript factory unit in an otherwise unremarkable industrial estate in north London proves that there was plenty of publicity about it.

As to why the media didn’t cast suspicion on Levy and Spurs, that would be because the case was thoroughly investigated and nothing was discovered to suggest that Levy or Spurs had anything to do with it. Media companies employ teams of lawyers to ensure that their journos don’t make precisely such silly, libellous accusations. It is, of course, telling that you don’t also complain about the media’s failure to cast suspicion on Archway Sheet Metal and the possibility that it was an inside insurance job. That would be because you’re not interested in a balanced view of this story! Besides, the media very much did cast suspicion on Spurs by mentioning the fire as suspicious in pretty much every subsequent article about the dispute between them and Archway.

More particularly, why would the fire have been in Spurs’ interests in the slightest? All it achieved was to cast suspicion on the club. And if the club had been found to be guilty......? That would have been catastrophic. And all for what? There was absolutely no need to take such a stupid, criminal risk. Spurs were perfectly confident that they would win the High Court case with Archway scheduled for just three months later.

By the way, the factory unit in question was not “burnt down to the rubble”. Not even close. One half of it suffered major internal damage. That is all. The building otherwise remained fully intact and the company was able to resume production at a reduced level not long afterwards. But don’t let truth get in the way of hyperbole and a good story, eh? ;-)

Last edited:
Bale coming back to spurs reminds me of how City felt when SWP came back to us.

Your intentions were to furlough staff, the dippers did a U turn then so did Spurs, admittedly both clubs did it because of public opinion and outcry that 2 premier league clubs could do this, you got shamed into a U turn basically.

As far as Levy is concerned, it certainly wouldn’t have been a question of being “shamed” into the decision. It was simply the case that the decision had become financially counterproductive. I suspect that he had thought that every club would furlough those staff who no longer had a job to do during lockdown and was surprised by the outrage that his decision generated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.