Spurs Thread - 2021/22

Late reply Mat but many years ago (probably around early 90’s) I was in the Main Stand at Maine Road for a game against Tottenham, a Blue stood up and shouted “fuck off back to Belsen” There was a Jewish guy who sat in front of us with his daughter (she played a girl called Elsa in Emmerdale on TV), he went ballistic as did many others that day and the Police removed the anti semite for his own protection. Was talking to “Elsa’s” Dad afterwards and he told us there was a big City support within the Jewish community in Manchester. He was a really good guy, think he was called Michael, had some good banter with him and his daughter over the Emmerdale stories that happened, all in good fun but that day, he lost it, along with his brethren they will never forget their history.
City have a long tradition of Jewish fans, from the time when Moss Side held many Jews who subsequently moved further out to Didsbury etc.
Many Jews deserted us when we signed Bert and it was a prominent Rabbi who successfully called for calm when things threatened to get out of hand.

It will probably go to off field activities debt on the ground and such things.
It's either that or the daft rags are stumping up 150 mill for Arry
Borrowings from owners are on the balance sheet, not subject ffp. You can use them for transfers. See Chelsea. Mansour lent us about £750m, which he swapped for equity.

Ok, so what use does injecting £150m into Spurs actually do?
Allows them to bring in a handful of good but not great players, leading to unrealistic offseason expectations which they will predictably fail to meet on their way to sacking their manager by Christmas, finishing trophy-less, and landing somewhere between 4th-8th in the table

The Spurs way

Levy making promises to a manager again and likely to not deliver again. Maybe he will change and sign a player before the season starts rather than look to save on wages during the post-season.

Not saying it is highly likely but I honestly would not be surprised if Conte left at some point before September. He is a good manager who deserves to be at a bigger club.

Makes sense to invest as they are in 'win now' mode for two or three years while Kane can still play at the top level.
We know how this plays out

Levy to selling club July 1st "I know you want 50M but I'll give you 25M"

Selling Club "No, its 50M"

Levy to selling club Sept 1st - day the transfer window closes "Ok, make it 27.5M"

Sept 2nd Conte quits

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.