Spurs Thread - 2021/22

As much as it happening to Spurs feels nice, it's a truly ridiculous decision and makes a complete mockery of any claim of fairness in the competition. Worst of all this sets a precedent, if the new outbreak gets worse as you'd expect we could see this becoming a regular thing both domestically and in Europe. The condensed nature of the schedule doesn't allow for any safety net against this kind of thing thanks to Qatar. This won't be the most high profile game to see something like this happen for the rest of the season.

As much as it happening to Spurs feels nice, it's a truly ridiculous decision and makes a complete mockery of any claim of fairness in the competition. Worst of all this sets a precedent, if the new outbreak gets worse as you'd expect we could see this becoming a regular thing both domestically and in Europe. The condensed nature of the schedule doesn't allow for any safety net against this kind of thing thanks to Qatar. This won't be the most high profile game to see something like this happen for the rest of the season.
Might have been wise to suspend all European competitions and International football until things are properly back to normal?

But that would never happen as money is involved, which is of cause more of a priority than people's health.

Kind of agree. Can you imagine uefa stating such for Barca, Bayern, United or Liverpool if qualification was at stake for the last 16?

Spurs could come out of this with some dignity if they state safety over profit. But it does indeed set a dangerous precident, yet one which I feel uefa will promptly try to ignore if one of their cronies are affected.

Spurs should also be investigating how this happened, are their groups secure enough and their staff properly aware of what is expected of them during this pandemic in terms of contacts and precautions? Not to put any blame on them without knowing, but they should be checking as so much is possible.

Although i confess I didn't actually realise the uefa conference league had started yet. I though it was played after Christmas after the arse end of the Europe league was decided.

Might have been wise to suspend all European competitions and International football until things are properly back to normal?

But that would never happen as money is involved, which is of cause more of a priority than people's health.

You're right mate, we had the same issues after it first kicked off after the scouse Valencia game. The money train will go on, flights will not be stopped until the sky falls in and there will be flip flopping decisions until the cows come home.

Dirty Alli been given his marching orders by Wiggy.

Not sure any championship clubs can afford his wages.

Spurs are 3 games behind us already and still haven't played their last crucial European tie which has a deadline of the end of the year I think, they could have used this week to play that if the Premier league had granted theirs and leicesters joint request earlier. They've been absolutely royally fucked over here.

They've got the carabao Cup game coming up too. Would not be surprised to see them forfeit the game or at best flip a coin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.