Spurs Thread - 2023/24

Well, I've never expected him to be some great manager but I think finishing 5th with spurs in his first season will be a pretty decent finish. It only looks worse because of the good start they made and the way they've lost some games.

It's not a bad start to his spurs career and certainly deserves a crack next season to see if he can improve on it. Arsenal may not be challenging for titles now if they got rid of Arteta when he was finishing 5th just a couple of years ago.

Football is a funny game. If you asked us 2 years ago, I wouldn't have picked Arteta's Arsenal to be our next big rival, half the Arsenal fans wanted him gone, but you give a manager a bit of time to get things together and things can change.

I think Spurs should stick with him and give him a bit of time, see how it goes. Finishing around 5th with spurs is hardly some awful season.
That's a good post, in fairness. Spurs can't keep sacking managers. Someone has to have time to build that squad. That said, I think Ange has to be a bit more pragmatic - the "that's the way I play" mantra won't get him far and his comments about set pieces have only heaped more unwanted scrutiny upon him. He needs to think about his tactics and what he's seen in the Premier League in his first season.

That's a good post, in fairness. Spurs can't keep sacking managers. Someone has to have time to build that squad. That said, I think Ange has to be a bit more pragmatic - the "that's the way I play" mantra won't get him far and his comments about set pieces have only heaped more unwanted scrutiny upon him. He needs to think about his tactics and what he's seen in the Premier League in his first season.
Similarly, Vinny at Burnley. He was determined to play his brand of football but sometimes you need a dogs of war attitude, like Dyche. Not pretty but Everton have survived as did Burnley under him. I feel that Vinny needed more pragmatic tactics than we have seen.

I remember going to Maine Road to play Leeds who were neck & neck with the Rags going for the title with the same attitude. City played them off the park & won 4:0. You’ll hear the cheers after every goal cos once you get in there you want your team to win.

Ah, the last season before football was invented.

13 points in their last 11 matches.

34 points in their last 25 matches.

After a honeymoon start, Ange got found out. Bang average.

I think that’s a bit harsh.

Is he a word class manager and the new Guardiola? No.

Has he done better than expected at Spurs and outperformed previous more “glitzy” managers? Yes.

I’ve no love for Spurs and I’d literally never heard of Postecoglu until he went there but the guy has done a good job.

Sheron's second!!
I think that’s a bit harsh.

Is he a word class manager and the new Guardiola? No.

Has he done better than expected at Spurs and outperformed previous more “glitzy” managers? Yes.

I’ve no love for Spurs and I’d literally never heard of Postecoglu until he went there but the guy has done a good job.
At the start he did.Recently he has been found out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.