Spurs Vs City Pre match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NQCitizen said:
Markt85 said:
Please treat this game as your cup final ! Really don't want spurs getting that 4th spot , come on you blues.

Imo it'd be best if arsenal and spurs finished above chelsea and chelsea then didn't get the chance to sign Jose or Falcao or Cavani who'd want CL football.

If Arsenal or Spurs finish out the top 4, I think it'll effect them far greater than Chelsea.
By the nature of how the three clubs are run, Chelsea are bank rolled by a single owner, an out and out billionaire, who will throw more money (regardless of FFP) at the squad, and will flatly refuse to sell there better players.
Arsenal and Spurs are both run, more like a company, having to negotiate with board members on any big financial decisons.

Chelsea would still be able to offer top wages and players would see still see the bigger picture and think that Chelsea will return to the champions league swiftly.
Spurs may have to stream line, and Bale especially could be seen as the most sellable asset that would enable them to keep the rest of the squad in place.
If Arsenal finish 5th, I think it could be really catastrophic for them. They have qualified for CL the last god knows how many years, but with no realistic chance of winning it, and no realistic chance of winning the league domestically either.
They haven't been in the running for any of the top players over recent years, and their better players have been sold usually complaining about lack of ambition etc. Champions league football was the final carrot they could dangle infront of a player, if they don't have that Arsenal could potentially really lose ground as one of Englands top clubs, at least for a few years anyway.

Something I have noticed this season and last...

No matter who we play, their manager and players mouth off the week before about how they can beat us, how they can do this and that... yet you pretty much hear our players doing the same? They just quietly get on with their business.

Case in point, AvB has been mouthing off about how Bale's return will scare us and now about our patchy away form, Adebayor has been mouthing off about in-fighting at City, now Dawson is mouthing off saying they want revenge for last season.

Recently we had Cabaye saying we weren't a team, yadda yadda, before we beat Newcastle. And let's not start on United, not just the players but their 3000 club ambassadors love to mouth off about City heading into the derby.

Apologies Mr Mamba, for taking your tips/opinions with a pinch of salt. Especially after putting my last £10,000 on a 1-1 draw at the swamp, as you assured us that's what the score would be. ;-)

jimharri said:
Were you down at the KC last night Kev? Bloody awful game. That'll be a handy awayday for you if (when?) they come up.

Nah Jim, I've been to 6 matches in the 12 years I've lived here and 4 of them were free tickets. Strangely, they've won every game I've been to at the KC (including against City) and the 5 games were in 4 different divisions.

Lomas has a lob on said:
NQCitizen said:
Markt85 said:
Please treat this game as your cup final ! Really don't want spurs getting that 4th spot , come on you blues.

Imo it'd be best if arsenal and spurs finished above chelsea and chelsea then didn't get the chance to sign Jose or Falcao or Cavani who'd want CL football.

If Arsenal or Spurs finish out the top 4, I think it'll effect them far greater than Chelsea.
By the nature of how the three clubs are run, Chelsea are bank rolled by a single owner, an out and out billionaire, who will throw more money (regardless of FFP) at the squad, and will flatly refuse to sell there better players.
Arsenal and Spurs are both run, more like a company, having to negotiate with board members on any big financial decisons.

Chelsea would still be able to offer top wages and players would see still see the bigger picture and think that Chelsea will return to the champions league swiftly.
Spurs may have to stream line, and Bale especially could be seen as the most sellable asset that would enable them to keep the rest of the squad in place.
If Arsenal finish 5th, I think it could be really catastrophic for them. They have qualified for CL the last god knows how many years, but with no realistic chance of winning it, and no realistic chance of winning the league domestically either.
They haven't been in the running for any of the top players over recent years, and their better players have been sold usually complaining about lack of ambition etc. Champions league football was the final carrot they could dangle infront of a player, if they don't have that Arsenal could potentially really lose ground as one of Englands top clubs, at least for a few years anyway.
One season without Champions League I think would be a kick up the Arsenal board to pull their finger out and spend some money on the squad. More than one season and I think it would be catastrophic as you say. Certainly more so for Arsenal than Tottenham if they didn't qualify; Tottenham are not used to regular Champions League income whereas Arsenal rely on it.

I see AVB has been saying that our "indifferent" away form gives them encouragement. That would be the same away record that includes wins at the sty and Emirates, a draw at Stamford Bridge and 29 points from 16 games.

29 points from 16 games is coincidentally exactly the same as Spurs home record. Perhaps we should take some encouragement from that.

LoveCity said:

No matter who we play, their manager and players mouth off the week before about how they can beat us, how they can do this and that... yet you pretty much hear our players doing the same? They just quietly get on with their business.

Case in point, AvB has been mouthing off about how Bale's return will scare us and now about our patchy away form, Adebayor has been mouthing off about in-fighting at City, now Dawson is mouthing off saying they want revenge for last season.

Recently we had Cabaye saying we weren't a team, yadda yadda, before we beat Newcastle. And let's not start on United, not just the players but their 3000 club ambassadors love to mouth off about City heading into the derby.
Spot on ....every team does seem to have a revenge motive or player who wants to see us beaten when they play us. hopefully it will work in our favour if the team are aware of them.

penalty spot said:
LoveCity said:

Spot on ....every team does seem to have a revenge motive or player who wants to see us beaten when they play us. hopefully it will work in our favour if the team are aware of them.

Also think the Media ask the questions in a way that they know certain Players/Managers will react. Same shit, different day.

Given Arsenal result today almost a must win game for both sides so probably end up a draw doing no one any good.

Tottenham Hotspur's last home Premier League penalty was awarded exactly this day two years ago in a 3-3 draw with Arsenal.

Rafael van der Vaart scored from the spot.

So City have nothing to worry about tomorrow - we haven't had a single penalty awarded all season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.