Spurs Vs City Pre match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dom said:
baildon blue said:
Manchester City will not win the premiership this year and thats fact.We might beat Spurs on sunday though.My only fear for this game is we dont play like we did,against Wigan or we will get beat.

Hoenstly. I think that the Wigan game was a bit of a diversion.

Not (really) much to play for Prem wise from us... loads for them to play for:-
a) "we are not City's mugs for the FA Cup final"

b) "We are shitting a brick over being dragged down ito a relegation battle".

I thinks we'll go OK vs Spuds..

At the end of the day the FA CUp has got to be a priority now

I just don't understand all this priority shite. The cup final is 4 weeks away, are you saying that we should rest all our best players for the next 4 weeks?

Roberto and the players will be doing their utmost to win all our remaining games, whether league or cup.

Spuds have Bale back (treading carefully), Defoe and Lennon - neither are match fit.
One outcome here, we're winning it.

Brendan110_0 said:
Spuds have Bale back (treading carefully), Defoe and Lennon - neither are match fit.

Wouldn't bank on it Brendan .......

Play like we did against United and first half Chelsea we should win, play anything between that and the Wigan performance we will get well beat.

I can see Spurs being well up for this.

Please treat this game as your cup final ! Really don't want spurs getting that 4th spot , come on you blues.

As a perennial pessimist, I expect Defoe, Bale and Lennon to play, and Silva and Aguero to miss out.

Difficult one to call, I'll sit on the fence (as always) and call a draw.

We need to take at least a point on Sunday. I'm feeling nervous about the chasing pack. Top 4 must be the priority not the fa cup.

Brendan110_0 said:

Andre Villas-Boas reports 'positive signs' on the fitness of Gareth Bale, Jermain Defoe and Aaron Lennon ahead of Sunday's huge Premier League encounter against Manchester City at the Lane.

Jermain has missed the last three games with a muscle injury, Gareth damaged his ankle late in the Europa League quarter-final, first leg against FC Basel on April 4 while Aaron limped out of that match early with a hamstring problem.

"There are positive signs," said Andre. "Jermain has trained with the team all week and is showing excellent signs of improvement.

"Gareth has trained with the team in the last two days and he's made a great recovery, great work by the medical department.

"Aaron hasn’t trained with the team yet, he’s trained alone and we’re hoping to have him back for tomorrow’s training session, so he’s in with a chance."

William Gallas (calf), Younes Kaboul (thigh) and Sandro (knee) remain out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.