Spurs Vs City pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mac said:
Pooper said:
adr2.8i said:
im getting very nervous about tonight and mondays game, the trouble is, i dont like being confident. Its just not how ive been raised as a City supporter. But now the expectation level is so high and we are playing so well and we are watching the best City side that has ever graced the turf, and im just not used to it! im too used to failure and disapointment.

Well said.

+1
Aye, it's in our DNA. Stomach is churning but I think we will win.yaya to be immense tonight.

I am soo nervous tonight... was very confident but now as we are getting closer to KO the wait is killing me...

Its all because we know a win will take us to the top...

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Ducado said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
Yep ,too much confidence around and Spurs are on a big high at the moment. Anything but our best won't do tonight.And I hope Vinnie is fit.

Another magical thinker, do you think the fans having confidence somehow curses the team?

It's an honest question because that is all I can deduce from statements like yours

hahaha that almost sounds aggressive ! Pre the Watford game the thoughts were more about whether we would get 10 and I guess that feeling had permeated itself to the players on the basis of the way they played in that first half.

I would hope that lesson,if indeed it was needed,was well learned but I think if the team start sloppily against a good team ( and Sours are a good team) we are quite likely to get beaten.

So it's the overconfidence on here with some I just hope hasn't got to the players as well.

Do you really think it was over confidence that did for us in the first half against Watford? Because that was not really the cause of the problem (it's got it's own thread)

But you have kind of admitted that think that if we as fans are confident it effects the teams performance in a negative way, have you ever thought how crazy this sounds?

What I think you and a few others) mean is that your afraid of being disappointed after getting your hopes up, and your also afraid of other people getting disappointed, which is a nice caring gesture but your concern is not really required.

By the way I have not got a clue what will happen, or what the result will be, but I want us to win the game and feel we have the ability to do so, so I will sit back and relax and hopefully enjoy a good game of football

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Ducado said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
Yep ,too much confidence around and Spurs are on a big high at the moment. Anything but our best won't do tonight.And I hope Vinnie is fit.

Another magical thinker, do you think the fans having confidence somehow curses the team?

It's an honest question because that is all I can deduce from statements like yours

hahaha that almost sounds aggressive ! Pre the Watford game the thoughts were more about whether we would get 10 and I guess that feeling had permeated itself to the players on the basis of the way they played in that first half.

I would hope that lesson,if indeed it was needed,was well learned but I think if the team start sloppily against a good team ( and Sours are a good team) we are quite likely to get beaten.

So it's the overconfidence on here with some I just hope hasn't got to the players as well.

Fair enough but that's kind of obvious. If we start poor vs any top team we certainly will have trouble. Not unlike if we go down 0-2 we probably would lose. But how often have we played poorly vs a top team? Munich is the only one that comes to mind in the last 3 seasons. The team has more trouble with the "lesser" teams because they are harder to get up for. No trouble getting up for this game.

I'm shittin' it a bit but i was like that before rags,Arse,Spurs, L'pool, N'castle away and we didn't do too badly in those games. It's in the DNA like has been said.I take nothing for granted with City.
Tonight's the night for another huge "fuck you" to the haters.....(I hope :)
Come on Lads do us proud.
CTID.

Apparently we have only beaten Spurs once in the last ten attempts in the PL at WHL....

We will deserve top if we get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.