Spurs Vs City pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
greasedupdeafguy said:
Presume Clichy is starting to combat Lennons pace

Not convinced by the Dzeko and Aguero partnership but happy to be proved wrong.
Not a lot of choice if we're going two upfront, with the Beast's shoulder injury. I suppose one upfront and an extra midfielder (Jimbo?) would have been the alternative.

kenzie115 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Negredo obviously not fit. Happy and not surprised to see clichy at left back.
I'm rather the opposite, with Silva drifting inside to work his magic I think Kolarov's threat down the left side is invaluable.

True but I can see why MP went with Clichy. They are playing 5 in midfield and we are playing 2 up top. A bit risky to go all out attacking lineup away from home.

jimharri said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Not a lot of choice if we're going two upfront, with the Beast's shoulder injury. I suppose one upfront and an extra midfielder (Jimbo?) would have been the alternative.

Negredo is on the bench

jimharri said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Milner is injured and Negredo on the bench...

No surprises in our team, I think its big for them missing Kaboul-Verthongen. That Dawson-Chirices duo doesnt seem great for me.

Of course in midfield if we will be too open they can punish it. Big work is needed there, also with Silva/Navas helping out a lotwhile Aguero movig a lot around and outside the box.

6 points from Spurs/Chelsea would put us into a great position. 4 points the minimum we have to do. Less than 4 points awful with so many away big games yet to played.

Under Pellegrini we play in good pace and in agressive attacking style, Spurs doesnt face many team like this at home, we have to surprise them even if they expect us to attack a lot and well.

2-1 win I hope, dont expect any big 4-5-6 goals scored by us but who knows.

mrtwiceaseason said:
what happened to that winger they had who had a few good games for england ?
Hamstring. Not sure he'd play anyway as they are relying on Adebayor now, and Townsend tends to run and run and cut in, when Adebayor needs a cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.