spurs

Spurs fans are (largely) a bunch of idiots. They've got a huge City hate thread on their forum and yet they're happy to cheer on Adebayor. In fact they wouldn't be where they currently are in the league without him, seeing how as he is the only decent striker they have.

Anyway, United are obviously our main rivals. Spurs can't win the league

LesBleuMiserable said:
What baffles me about Spurs is that there is a high court case going on at the moment where Karen Brady (West Ham Vice Chair) is suing Spurs for alleged inappropriate acquiring of her accounts and other financial data to undermine West Ham in their bid for the Olympic Stadium, and in addition to the Olympic Committee having come out and condemned Spurs actions of covert surveillance on committee members to undermine their positions and/or reveal information presumably that spurs can use in their favour for any further judicial review actions. It amazes me that despite the potential serious ramificifications of the alleged Spurs owners actions (and this could only be sanctioned from the top up) that none of the papers/media have going for them or evn tried to hold them accountable! It is absolutely shocking! Yet Garry Cook had to resign on the back of a pathetic email and which the media took City to task with and an ensuing subsequent fiasco over the nothing incident!

Could you even imagine for a second if City had been in Spurs position with the Olympic stadium scenario; the non stop 2 hour reporting coverage, the outcry of moral vacuum, foul play condemnations, criminal activity allegations, need for inquiries...etc...etc

Just shows the "old boys network" stick together but will hang out to dry the likes of City given an inch!

Could not agree more mate. Some people would have you believe it's some sort of City paranoia but what you have just posted is bang on the money for me.

ElanJo said:
Spurs fans are (largely) a bunch of idiots. They've got a huge City hate thread on their forum and yet they're happy to cheer on Adebayor. In fact they wouldn't be where they currently are in the league without him, seeing how as he is the only decent striker they have.

In whatever context, whatever team, you can't really say that unless you have met most of the fanbase of Spurs. If you'd have said "Most of the Spurs fans I've met are (largely) a bunch of idiots" then I wouldn't have any issue with that as who am I to argue with your personal interaction with the fans of my club. I have a nagging feeling that you haven't actually met that many Spurs fans and you are drawing on your experiences on the internet with the keyboard warrior types as opposed to the real people. Every club, and every forum in particular will have a varying amount of idiots, so I'm not sure why you are trawling through the threads of these idiots if it winds you up so much.

And Defoe is a very decent striker, just went through a rough patch last season :)

And we also can win the league, it's possible however unlikely

There has been hundreds of anti Spurs threads on this forum for years. I don't know why it bothers some people when it's the other way around really

The cookie monster said:
Crouchinho said:
There has been hundreds of anti Spurs threads on this forum for years

Is it sinking in now then?

It's been obvious for years on here. More anti Spurs threads than United and Everton.

Not sure why, never been a rivalry and never will. I don't think I've ever heard an anti City chant at Spurs, and apart from a few "Spurs are on there way to Belsen" chants from City fans I don't think there is much hatred.

Seems most of it is internet based

Crouchinho said:
The cookie monster said:
Crouchinho said:
There has been hundreds of anti Spurs threads on this forum for years

Is it sinking in now then?

It's been obvious for years on here. More anti Spurs threads than United and Everton.

Not sure why, never been a rivalry and never will. I don't think I've ever heard an anti City chant at Spurs, and apart from a few "Spurs are on there way to Belsen" chants from City fans I don't think there is much hatred.

Seems most of it is internet based

I'd say most of it is Ricky Villa based, which is understandable as long as it doesn't get to the belsen stuff. That shit is fucked up although I haven't heard any City fan sing that myself.

LesBleuMiserable said:
What baffles me about Spurs is that there is a high court case going on at the moment where Karen Brady (West Ham Vice Chair) is suing Spurs for alleged inappropriate acquiring of her accounts and other financial data to undermine West Ham in their bid for the Olympic Stadium,

You are mistaken. Brady is not suing Spurs. Nor has the court case anything to do with her accounts or other financial data. It is the accountancy firm PKF who are in the dock and the charge against them is that of gaining her phone records by subterfuge.

and in addition to the Olympic Committee having come out and condemned Spurs actions of covert surveillance on committee members to undermine their positions and/or reveal information presumably that spurs can use in their favour for any further judicial review actions.

Spurs have strongly denied that they did any such thing - so much so that they have hinted at legal action against Baroness Ford if she was to repeat the accusation. Not a step Levy would have risked taking if Spurs had done what she claimed. Funnily enough, Baroness Ford has suddenly gone very quiet on the matter.

It amazes me that despite the potential serious ramificifications of the alleged Spurs owners actions (and this could only be sanctioned from the top up) that none of the papers/media have going for them or evn tried to hold them accountable! It is absolutely shocking!

There is nothing illegal or shocking about hiring a private investigator. And given the wealth of suspicious circumstances that suggested that West Ham and the OPLC could be up to all sorts of dodgy shenanigans, Spurs had every reason to want to know what was really going on.

Could you even imagine for a second if City had been in Spurs position with the Olympic stadium scenario; the non stop 2 hour reporting coverage, the outcry of moral vacuum, foul play condemnations, criminal activity allegations, need for inquiries...etc...etc

Just shows the "old boys network" stick together but will hang out to dry the likes of City given an inch!

This old chestnut.......I guarantee you that fans of every newsworthy club in the country is convinced that the press is out to get them. You're not the only ones. For Spurs fans' part, we are outraged at the scandalously biased reporting (against Spurs) throughout this saga.....a bias which is, of course, the source of the the one sided and largely inaccurate opinion that you have expressed on this matter.

spurspinter1 said:
ElanJo said:

In whatever context, whatever team, you can't really say that unless you have met most of the fanbase of Spurs. If you'd have said "Most of the Spurs fans I've met are (largely) a bunch of idiots" then I wouldn't have any issue with that as who am I to argue with your personal interaction with the fans of my club. I have a nagging feeling that you haven't actually met that many Spurs fans and you are drawing on your experiences on the internet with the keyboard warrior types as opposed to the real people. Every club, and every forum in particular will have a varying amount of idiots, so I'm not sure why you are trawling through the threads of these idiots if it winds you up so much.

And Defoe is a very decent striker, just went through a rough patch last season :)

Yes, I am referring to the Spurs fans on the Spurs internet forums, hence the comment about the thread.

You, like Liverpool and Arse, can't win the league as you don't have the squad to do so.

ElanJo said:
spurspinter1 said:
ElanJo said:

Yes, I am referring to the Spurs fans on the Spurs internet forums, hence the comment about the thread.

You, like Liverpool and Arse, can't win the league as you don't have the squad to do so.

So it's a contest just between the two Manchester clubs then?

Or do Chelsea, who have already lost six times this season, still have a chance?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.