spurs

dctid said:
stavros said:
our biggest threat imo.
said it weeks ago.
2nd best team in prem.
more worried about them than rags

Nah

spuds aint never gonna grind out 1 nils like the rags when the play poor - it seems to be all or nothing with them - decent teams make no mistake and 3rd but Rags are still the team to beat
I think Spurs will finish above Utd, but I am not confident enough to bet on it

The way Utd are playing at the moment I don't see them besting Villa

dctid said:
stavros said:
our biggest threat imo.
said it weeks ago.
2nd best team in prem.

Nah

spuds aint never gonna grind out 1 nils like the rags when the play poor - it seems to be all or nothing with them - decent teams make no mistake and 3rd but Rags are still the team to beat

You obviously didn't watch the Fulham or WBA match. In both, we played far from our best (Fulham had something like 30 attempts at goal) yet still came away with 3 points. Both were on the road, too. Though, I guess you are right in that we ended up grinding out 3-1 wins instead of 1-0.....

LedleyKing said:
dctid said:
stavros said:
our biggest threat imo.
said it weeks ago.
2nd best team in prem.

Nah

You obviously didn't watch the Fulham or WBA match. In both, we played far from our best (Fulham had something like 30 attempts at goal) yet still came away with 3 points. Both were on the road, too. Though, I guess you are right in that we ended up grinding out 3-1 wins instead of 1-0.....
Don't see why many City fans are reluctant to see Spurs as stronger competitors than Utd. A third of the season has gone, and that's a significant time over which to judge a team, and Spurs don't have the Champions League to drain resources. Last season Utd struggled for half a season yet still won the title, because at the moment of their weakness Chelsea and Arsenal were also stumbling. Utd have fundamental problems in their team which I don't see being resolved any time soon....Ferdinand and Vidic partnership is over, or should be, whilst their midfield is poor, and they've taken to playing Rooney there.

Marvin said:
LedleyKing said:
dctid said:
Nah

Don't see why many City fans are reluctant to see Spurs as stronger competitors than Utd. A third of the season has gone, and that's a significant time over which to judge a team, and Spurs don't have the Champions League to drain resources. Last season Utd struggled for half a season yet still won the title, because at the moment of their weakness Chelsea and Arsenal were also stumbling. Utd have fundamental problems in their team which I don't see being resolved any time soon....Ferdinand and Vidic partnership is over, or should be, whilst their midfield is poor, and they've taken to playing Rooney there.
Agree with all of that

LedleyKing said:
dctid said:
stavros said:
our biggest threat imo.
said it weeks ago.
2nd best team in prem.

Nah

United have done it consistently over the years and played utterely shite and still won with seconds to go - they have done it three times this season already.

Without doubt Spuds have played far better than the rags todate and even if you win your game in hand which i expect you to do so you will STILL be behind them.

United are the team to beat dont fool yourself

Degree of wishful thinking from me. Utd have Smalling and Jones, plus Berbatov, but so far Ferguson doesn't seem to have faith in them. They were lucky not to drop points at Swansea and look vulnerable at the moment

Marvin said:
Degree of wishful thinking from me. Utd have Smalling and Jones, plus Berbatov, but so far Ferguson doesn't seem to have faith in them. They were lucky not to drop points at Swansea and look vulnerable at the moment

They looked vulnerable last season also

dctid said:
LedleyKing said:
dctid said:
Nah

United have done it consistently over the years and played utterely shite and still won with seconds to go - they have done it three times this season already.

Without doubt Spuds have played far better than the rags todate and even if you win your game in hand which i expect you to do so you will STILL be behind them.

Read my first post in the thread and you will realize that I am doing no such thing. As I said before, I do not anticipate us being without reach of the top spot come the end of the season, but Spurs' current form would indicate that it certainly is a possibility. A big argument was how would Spurs deal with injuries to their top players? Modric and VDV were out against WBA (a place where we have struggled in recent times) and Sandro and Defoe came in and did a job.

You are right for the simple reason that we cannot beat United head to head. Until that happens (and we still have one more chance to do it this season) I would agree that they will likely finish ahead of Spurs.

Anyone should fancy their chances against Utd at the moment.

Just because they have been the best team for most of the last two decades and more it doesn't mean that they will always remain No. 1. I see chinks in their armour, but maybe I want too

LedleyKing said:
dctid said:
LedleyKing said:

Read my first post in the thread and you will realize that I am doing no such thing. As I said before, I do not anticipate us being without reach of the top spot come the end of the season, but Spurs' current form would indicate that it certainly is a possibility. A big argument was how would Spurs deal with injuries to their top players? Modric and VDV were out against WBA (a place where we have struggled in recent times) and Sandro and Defoe came in and did a job.

You are right for the simple reason that we cannot beat United head to head. Until that happens (and we still have one more chance to do it this season) I would agree that they will likely finish ahead of Spurs.

Spuds will finish 3rd i reckon - and cant see more than 5 - 10 points covering the top 3 just dont think Spuds will be 2nd and i dont honestly know where City will finish - i seldom make predictions i am just enjoying the football

All i know is that despite City outscoring the rags almost 2 to 1 and playing some decent football in the process we still cant shake the twats and i dont think we will do easily and come the end of the season they will be there ot there abouts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.